Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Online: FAQ

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gamestop in Newbridge knew nothing about any collectors edition pre order :(
    All they could offer was pre order retail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There were loads in HMV on Grafton St last week. Havent been in since then, but they had them fairly well hidden. Might pop in on Friday and see if they have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

2 copies of the pre order in Game Stop in Dun Laoghaire, confirmed as of yesterday lunchtime.

F sake whats up with the Newbridge branch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yup, Gamestop in Drogheda aint got a clue either :rolleyes:
    Me brother was in today and neither HMV or Gamestop could help him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Hey, did Healing teammates in War give +renown and +morale?

I honestly dont remember as I didnt play the beta much (untill 3 days before it closed), regretably so..

Was just thinking that if it did, it would be a very clever way to get healers healing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    Hey, did Healing teammates in War give +renown and +morale?

I honestly dont remember as I didnt play the beta much (untill 3 days before it closed), regretably so..

Was just thinking that if it did, it would be a very clever way to get healers healing

Yes, but it only seemed to be in fairly small amounts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought i'd post this, as its awesome :D
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Kaleedity/BecM_003.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    I thought i'd post this, as its awesome :D
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Kaleedity/BecM_003.jpg

Something less awesome, it's naked chaos man arse.

vonbadbitz029iv0.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

2 copies of the pre order in Game Stop in Dun Laoghaire, confirmed as of yesterday lunchtime.

I'm working out in Dun Laoghaire today, and as I'm dying with some kind of flu type virus I decided to preorder the CE in order to cheer myself up. So I think I've preordered it, gave my name and a deposit and all, but none of the guys in the shop new anything about a beta key or a preorder pack. They said to ring in a couple of days to see if anything had come in.

So now I'm back in the office and starting to wonder if I've ordered the right thing. I was told the full price for the collector's edition is €49.99 - is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The full price is something like €80, I think.

humanji wrote: »
    The full price is something like €80, I think.

FFS, I said collector's edition like 4 times.

The preorder pack is on that little turnable stand beside the PC games section. That has your beta codes in it.

I asked them about the Collectors edition, and was told 50 by them as well. I specifically asked them to confirm the collectors edition, and was told yes, collectors edition.

Given that the standard edition isn't supposed to be even pre orderable yet (today? later?) I'm thinking it should be the Collectors Edition I have pre ordered, as I did this several weeks ago.

80 was the original price I heard as well, but the preorder pack is costing 15, so they may have reduced the price down in leiu of that. If I do get it for 50, I won't be complaining.

We won't be able to collect it til the 18th though.

The preorder pack is on that little turnable stand beside the PC games section. That has your beta codes in it.

I asked them about the Collectors edition, and was told 50 by them as well. I specifically asked them to confirm the collectors edition, and was told yes, collectors edition.

Given that the standard edition isn't supposed to be even pre orderable yet (today? later?) I'm thinking it should be the Collectors Edition I have pre ordered, as I did this several weeks ago.

80 was the original price I heard as well, but the preorder pack is costing 15, so they may have reduced the price down in leiu of that. If I do get it for 50, I won't be complaining.

We won't be able to collect it til the 18th though.

Sorry, can you just clarify if you were given a pre-order pack with a beta code already?

Wreck wrote: »
    Sorry, can you just clarify if you were given a pre-order pack with a beta code already?

Given, no. Bought, yes. Its a slim case with just a slip of paper, some blurb and the 3 codes on it. Cost 15 euros as I recall.

My understanding was oriiginally that buying this would count as a deposit on the CE. The staff didn't seem overly sure about that, so I ended up putting a cash deposit on it as well, and asking several times that this was the CE and not the standard edition. I was assured each time that it was the CE.

Given, no. Bought, yes. Its a slim case with just a slip of paper, some blurb and the 3 codes on it. Cost 15 euros as I recall.

My understanding was oriiginally that buying this would count as a deposit on the CE. The staff didn't seem overly sure about that, so I ended up putting a cash deposit on it as well, and asking several times that this was the CE and not the standard edition. I was assured each time that it was the CE.

Thanks for the info. When I asked about a pre-order pack and beta key I was told they hadn't got anything in yet, but I'll go back in at lunchtime and have another look.

Whoever you were talking to doesn't know what they're talking about. There were two copies on that turnable stand a couple of days ago. If you're at the desk talking, its the one directly behind you.

IIRC at least one of the copies was right at the bottom. Black case, WAR logo, about 15 euros. Thats your pre release pack with the 3 codes for Open Beta access, Headstart and Goodies.

Just on the off chance there's another Game Stop in DL I don't know about, it's the one almost beside Easons, opposite the shopping centre. I'll be going out for lunch at 12, I'll check they still have some copies left, and will post confirmation when I get back in.

2 copies, bottom shelf of that stand, as off about a half hour ago. If they still don't know what you're asking for, you can show them to them :)

2 copies, bottom shelf of that stand, as off about a half hour ago. If they still don't know what you're asking for, you can show them to them :)

I just called in there again and no luck. The guys didn't have a clue what I was talking about. All three of them said they'd never heard of the pre-order pack and couldn't find it anywhere. I had a look for it myself too but no sign. I hadn't seen the post above before I went in, but I'm pretty sure I checked that stand. I probably won't get a chance to call in again until the weekend. Thanks for all your help anyway, Hairy.

Thats really weird. I suppose you can try catching them after work, depending what time you finish.

• Advertisement

HMV Grafton street have one left, on the very bottom right of their PC games stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

You can get in the open beta and the ingame rewards and headstart with the standard edition now. EA store and direct2drive online store both doing it atm and you will be emailed codes before the open beta starts. And downloading of the client should be starting soon aswell. Theres supposed to be an announcement today.

Third time lucky I guess! Printed off hairyheretic's post and went back to Gamestop, and the guys had found the preorder packs in the meantime.

Wreck wrote: »
    Third time lucky I guess! Printed off hairyheretic's post and went back to Gamestop, and the guys had found the preorder packs in the meantime.

And there was much rejoicing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It was hairyheretic behind the counter the whole time takin' the piss.

Not guilty. I work elsewhere in Dun Laoghaire :)

And it seems todays announcement is only regarding the SE stuff. It could be next week before we find out when and where we can download the client for the beta from.

This is the SE pre-order page.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/edition/?lang=en&name=standard

Link may be dodgy for some people thanks to the atrocious flash based page, but basically in Ireland there's no retailers with the SE with open beta, only the online retailers such as the EA Store and D2D provide it.

Ok i went back into Newbridge today and asked them to check the system,they then found a pre-order box,i then asked them if i could have a look as they really didnt have a clue.
    It has 3 codes in it and some bonus ingame stuff,cost me 15 euros and then another 5 for to preorder the game.
    Confusing to say the least.
    When can i download the client for to use my new open beta key?

Dcully wrote: »
    Ok i went back into Newbridge today and asked them to check the system,they then found a pre-order box,i then asked them if i could have a look as they really didnt have a clue.
    It has 3 codes in it and some bonus ingame stuff,cost me 15 euros and then another 5 for to preorder the game.
    Confusing to say the least.
    When can i download the client for to use my new open beta key?

The account page isn't up yet, but should be soon. Same for the download, the servers for which are down in preparation currently. Or if you have a closed beta client you can patch that.

• Advertisement

Thanks Spear,im guessign this is where i make an account?
    http://www.war-europe.com/

Is there anything i can be doing before we see download links?
    I see there is beta registeration tab on that page,do i need to register there?

Advertisement