Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Online: FAQ

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks Spear,im guessign this is where i make an account?
    http://www.war-europe.com/

Is there anything i can be doing before we see download links?
    I see there is beta registeration tab on that page,do i need to register there?

No, it'll be a separate reg from the beta registration. Nothing to do but wait I'm afraid. But it will be on the war-europe.com site at least, and stay separate from the yank one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

If you have a closed beta client you can patch, as spear said but you need a login. You'll need credentials from a closed beta account to patch it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks again Spear,cant wait to get my mitts on this :)
    I really want an mmo to grab me by the balls and take me away from wow.

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks again Spear,cant wait to get my mitts on this :)
    I really want an mmo to grab me by the balls and take me away from wow.

Yeah I'm mad to play this now meself. Had beta access since May and played it for like 2 weeks then went away and came back and it wasnt working. Didnt realise I had to redownload the patcher and the client because it was all upgraded. I thought my install and that was just ****ed so I gave up.
    Then played it 3 days before beta closes and all it did was tease me because it had improved so much.
    /facepalm+sigh combo

One of the lads in HMV in Scotch Hall Drogheda said they got a load of preorder packs in, but NO keys in them and they were completely empty....

He said hes gonna contact someone on Monday and try and sort it. He showed me the cases.
    Gonna pop in Monday and Tuesday see whats happenin

Wonder if they were robbed or something :S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    One of the lads in HMV in Scotch Hall Drogheda said they got a load of preorder packs in, but NO keys in them and they were completely empty....

He said hes gonna contact someone on Monday and try and sort it. He showed me the cases.
    Gonna pop in Monday and Tuesday see whats happenin

Wonder if they were robbed or something :S

Very easy to nick them, they're just slips of paper and the codes can't be traced, and can be used on any account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

ok, so ive been reading the last couple of pages and you guys are giving me all the information on where to get a hard copy of the pre-order pack, so heres my question..

where can i pre order a standard edition? is there anywhere online i can do it?

thanks for your reply, cant wait to get stuck in :)

p.s, im living in dublin- city centre would be preferable to me! GAME on dawson street? Gamestop in Stephens Green perhaps?

p.p.s, Amazon.co.uk are doing the standard edition for just under 34 euro if anyone is interested

DanOB wrote: »
    ok, so ive been reading the last couple of pages and you guys are giving me all the information on where to get a hard copy of the pre-order pack, so heres my question..

where can i pre order a standard edition? is there anywhere online i can do it?

thanks for your reply, cant wait to get stuck in :)

p.s, im living in dublin- city centre would be preferable to me! GAME on dawson street? Gamestop in Stephens Green perhaps?

p.p.s, Amazon.co.uk are doing the standard edition for just under 34 euro if anyone is interested

You can preorder the SE in lots of places.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/edition/?lang=en

But only a few of the online premium sellers supply the goodies such as the headstart. Otherwise if you want the pre-order box you need to go for the CE pre-order which are fairly rare.

Spear wrote: »
    You can preorder the SE in lots of places.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/edition/?lang=en

But only a few of the online premium sellers supply the goodies such as the headstart. Otherwise if you want the pre-order box you need to go for the CE pre-order which are fairly rare.

Its kinda hard to explain,

im looking to get my hands on a standard edition, but i want to pre-order it to avoid disappointment. Headstart doesnt really matter to me, i dont want any of this digital download bull, just looking for a hard copy of the game as earliest as possible, get me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You can reserve a copy in almost any game shop if ensuring you have it on launch day is your only concern.

• Advertisement

You can reserve a copy in almost any game shop if ensuring you have it on launch day is your only concern.

cool, see i rang GAME on dawson street the other day, asking them about it, and they said they'd have copies when its released but never told me i could pre-order it, do you think this wouldnt be a problem and they'd be happy to put it by for me?

cool, see i rang GAME on dawson street the other day, asking them about it, and they said they'd have copies when its released but never told me i could pre-order it, do you think this wouldnt be a problem and they'd be happy to put it by for me?

Then it's just like any normal game and you can pre-order it with any game shop.

Spear wrote: »
    Then it's just like any normal game and you can pre-order it with any game shop.

cheers,

thanks for the replies guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just pre-ordered it there. Looking forward to playing this now. Is the open beta starting on the 7th? And do we know yet how long the head start is?

Kiith wrote: »
    I just pre-ordered it there. Looking forward to playing this now. Is the open beta starting on the 7th? And do we know yet how long the head start is?
    3 days beforehand so, 15th of september if im not mistaken

Ah crap..i'm working nights on the 15th and 16th :mad:

Ah crap..i'm working nights on the 15th and 16th :mad:
    lol,

im starting 5th year on the 15th- how the hell do you think that makes me feel? :P

3 days beforehand so, 15th of september if im not mistaken

3 for SE, 4 for CE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Anyone know where to pick up the CE on-line?

I dont think you'll pick up a CE copy anywhere online. SE only on most sites i came across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Think CE been sold out for 2 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Think CE been sold out for 2 months?

Think there are a couple of copies still available around the place, I preordered mine last Thursday in Gamestop out in Dun Laoghaire - wasn't easy though :pac:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Just buy it online from EA or direct2drive if you want early access.

Does anyone want me to go grab that one left in HMV or elsewhere in Dublin city centre?

Maximilian wrote: »
    Just buy it online from EA or direct2drive if you want early access.
    Thats what i did. Should get the code in a day or two.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Thats what i did. Should get the code in a day or two.

I have to laugh at people on the WarAlliance forums in a blind panic that they don't have their Beta Keys yet and there are ONLY 6 days left etc.

Wow. 6 days to send an email. Seems like an insurmountable task to me, I'm not hopeful :pac:

Ah, those guys over at the War Alliance forums are a bit...well, the word nerdrage comes to mind. Some interesting posts, thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone know whether cross-faction communication is possible or not?

Wreck wrote: »
    Anyone know whether cross-faction communication is possible or not?

It's not.

• Advertisement

Went back to HMV thismorning.
    The lad I was talking to on Saturday, informing me of the pre-order packs with no codes in em, was not in. So I asked someone else anyhow and yer man said that he rememberd something about the pre-order packs being sent back.. but someone bought one off him recently, which means they did have them... but then the girls there said its finished and there wont be anymore..

Curious, as I ordered the game 2 months ago.
    I only want the code for a friend who needs persuading :/ (and ofc the game I'll need too)
    Might just go with Play.com and not go into HMV, since I've no deposit or anything to lose.

Advertisement