Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Nerds

Comments

Good_ol___90__s_by_pinkbutterflyofdeath.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Even from the very start there were 151 and Gold/Silver/Crystal were all touted as Gameboy Colour games, so even the type of Gameboy in the picture is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

37Ja8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Even from the very start there were 151 and Gold/Silver/Crystal were all touted as Gameboy Colour games, so even the type of Gameboy in the picture is wrong.

Um, but... I had mine on a gameboy. No colour.
    37Ja8.jpg

Oh, time to dig deep and out nerd you with X-Wing diskettes! :D

Tie Fighter was unbelievable! I tried installing it recently and it would only work with a joystick, but the one I used to use had one of those super old school connections. Damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is that Bane yoh? Are they going with the super smart Bane = to Batman, or are they using him as a bruiser? I bet it's the former. Yay.

Smart Bane it seems, who is going to be a parallel to Bruce. Y'know, like Spiderman 3 with Eddie and Peter, except not as ghey.

There's tubes going down from the mask which is interesting to say the least given the realism Nolan has created.

I really dig the image anyway, it's creepy and intimidating.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Smart Bane it seems, who is going to be a parallel to Bruce. Y'know, like Spiderman 3 with Eddie and Peter, except not as ghey.

Chanks Lizzy! Joy Potential has been.... restored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Chanks Lizzy! Joy Potential has been.... restored!

You mean you doubted God Nolan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Um, but... I had mine on a gameboy. No colour.

As did I, but the games were labeled as Game Boy Colour games, unlike Red, Blue and Yellow which were labeled as just Game Boy games.

pokemon1vl.jpg

As did I, but the games were labeled as Game Boy Colour games, unlike Red, Blue and Yellow which were labeled as just Game Boy games.

pokemon1vl.jpg

Wait, who said anything about Gold/Silver ? Kicking it old school would all be about Red/Blue ... which is what I'm sure that Gameboy is on about. Right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Where's atavan when you need him? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Solitaire wrote: »
    Where's atavan when you need him? :pac:

Playing pokemon?

Red M&M, blue M&M...they all end up the same colour in the end.

rWcYi.png

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

extended_mind.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

from YLYL

tumblr_l9f4vdL7LC1qatgt2o1_500.jpg

338a4328-6ae7-4b8e-a26a-6b26847407af.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

1HdEC.png

ct638.jpg

Two of the books are from 1984 and the other is from 1986!!!

38BUW.jpg

wormhole_10.03.2009_big.jpg

Oh my god that's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

I don't consider myself to be a nerd, tbh. I like to read but so do a lot of people. I'm just more of a night owl than a daywalker.

FxS2Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm playing Pokemon Red again. Its brilliant.

I'm playing Pokemon Red again. Its brilliant.

Kickin' it old school, tis the way to go. Course, I was always Pokemon Blue myself. :cool:

BBQ + BEER = WIN

June Social, Projects Night and Summer Fund

The beginning of June represents the one year anniversary of TOG moving into Chancery Lane or TOG 2.0. To celebrate we’ll be having a dinner party during the June 4th social night.

So what do you want from a TOG dinner party? Ordinary three course meal; formal four course meal; party food; experimental cooking; BBQ; bring-your-own?

We’ve a reasonably equipped kitchen and BBQ. We expect to meet up in TOG about 2pm for the clean up, shopping, preparation, cooking/baking, with dinner starting about 6-7pm. If you like to attend, cook or bring something comment below. We’ll probably have a small contribution to cover the food costs. BYOB.

Following on from the March event we’ll also be having Projects Night on Saturday. Participants will have a short opportunity to present projects they have worked since the last meeting and any new projects they hope to work on over the next three months. We expect this meeting to run from about 8pm to 9pm.

Somewhat related to the Projects Night we are announcing our Summer Fund. Over the three summer months this fund will provide approximately €120 per month for a group project(s). The exact criteria hasn’t been set yet. But it will likely involves a lump sum being give to a project to buy parts/materials for a project which involves/stimulates group activity in the space. Project suggestions and participation from non-members is welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I cross-reference the bible against itself for fun.

....ohhhhh yeaahhhh, kickin it back, baby :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Asry wrote: »
    I cross-reference the bible against itself for fun.

....ohhhhh yeaahhhh, kickin it back, baby :cool:
    Sounds rather interesting actually.

you gotta make sure you have at least 2 different translations of the bible, plus a bible commentary and a pair of wayfarer sunglasses {at night, of course} in order to make it really work though.

Also if you could maybe not wash your hair until the point where it sticks up everywhere, that'd be a plus.

Empty bottles of wine about the room wouldn't go amiss either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing that.

• Advertisement

Ah no, sure I was kidding about all of that apart from the bit with the different translations and the commentary book. They're just to save you from dying under a mound of different-coloured post-its :)

Advertisement