Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Nerds

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m0xme97iCG1qhhhaco1_r1_500.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

perfect shot glasses for drinks in this forum :D

tumblr_m0vzkuIp591qa8q3yo1_r1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-big-brony-theory.jpg

not again!!! :P

You better believe it :pac:

• Advertisement

3b17fc83-1874-4983-b1c1-222f3bbcfc84.jpg

:P:P:P

66afac21-33e6-4bb8-8b19-99d612c59249.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I find it ironic that you used a picture of the new crap multi-coloured Daleks...
    koth wrote: »
    3b17fc83-1874-4983-b1c1-222f3bbcfc84.jpg

KkQk1.jpg

High Res Version : http://i.imgur.com/CSfCx.jpg

Also the beer is called Aperture :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This thread started as a thread for showing the nerdy things you do. Imma gonna do that.

I'm the video guy behind the Irish FG vids and soon their streams.

In this video, the DooM makes several actual guest appearances (interesting fact- there's no post work on this video, all the overlays and transitions are done live and on the fly!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What sort of setup do you have for all that Doomy? Planning on X-Stream for your streaming stuff? Seems to be the weapon of choice for the Starcraft casters.

Shiminay wrote: »
    What sort of setup do you have for all that Doomy? Planning on X-Stream for your streaming stuff? Seems to be the weapon of choice for the Starcraft casters.

I use xsplit (which I think you mean) with a hauppage HD PVR for capture (not needed for direct capture from a screen) and use an 8 channel desk for commentary. I have a component splitter I use to set up multiple screens for spectators to watch.

*derp* Yea, X-Split is what I meant :)

Sounds like a great set up, I must come down to one of ye're events and see it all in action. Gotta support your local e-Sports scene! I'd love to do commentary on games for a laugh, but I never know enough about them :)

*derp* Yea, X-Split is what I meant :)

Sounds like a great set up, I must come down to one of ye're events and see it all in action. Gotta support your local e-Sports scene! I'd love to do commentary on games for a laugh, but I never know enough about them :)

Yeah sure, if you want me to show you how it's done I'd love to some time.

Interesting factoid- in recent times there's been a huge split between "esports" and the FGC (Fighting Game Community). A lot of e sports events have come to represent the opposite of how FG events are (paid spectation, treating top players like they're stars, stuff like that). While still professional you won't see trailers building up players and the like on FG streams. It's like FG streams are BBC and esports are Sky :D And now, MLG have a fighting game tournament on the same day as an FG major...

Personally, I don't like the velvet curtain. I've met (and in some cases played) some of the literal best FG players in the world, including a couple of world champions. I can enter Evo if I like and it's not invitation only. I think both sides have stuff to learn from the other.

100% agree with you Doomy, I think we should have a chat about it at the beers :D I watch a ton of Starcraft stuff and I think they're about 75% there in terms of how it should be presented and showcased and they're always improving. I just don't know enough about the FG scene to know where it is, but who doesn't love watching a close SF match up? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

100% agree with you Doomy, I think we should have a chat about it at the beers :D I watch a ton of Starcraft stuff and I think they're about 75% there in terms of how it should be presented and showcased and they're always improving. I just don't know enough about the FG scene to know where it is, but who doesn't love watching a close SF match up? :D
    Anybody who ever played me in a fighting game

Only a fool, that's who :)

The main difference is money tbh- FG's are smaller because there's less, but you are correct, a discussion for another time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

2012-03-20_Stx_PirateVsNinja.png

Xr0Pl.jpg

• Advertisement

AL6tI.jpg

1280 x 1204 Version : http://i.imgur.com/jcUaV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

tumblr_m0ufds3KwQ1qaudlwo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332614092&Signature=TaodCdioRxQaCiroLIdorekmFRw%3D

tumblr_m1gg4vN3dP1r6iup7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1fx77OZkD1roubz0o1_500.png

This one goes out to Chuckles :P

tumblr_m17a5fcZvn1rph1coo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

koth wrote: »