Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Nerds

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

the-dar-347_zps46ea982c.jpg~original

1779781_2155860031135903_1799156492_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

*gets brush*

Gimmie! :D:D

Ooooo, I just can imagine all the times I'll make him marry Barbie and drive her around in his car :D:D:D

ThorAndSugarPlum02.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm feeling extra nerdy today :):)

funny-Batman-vs-Superman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Ooooo, I just can imagine all the times I'll make him marry Barbie and drive her around in his car :D:D:D

ThorAndSugarPlum02.jpg

Verily, Thor doth not driveth wenches around.Thor hath better things to doeth with his time.

Verily, Thor doth not driveth wenches around.Thor hath better things to doeth with his time.

Excuse me, what did you call Barbie? :eek::mad::mad:

:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Barbie's a skank :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

• Advertisement

1896801_707575252598826_1273527037_n.jpg

1975019_683464081716510_670618459_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

I used a professionally hand sharpened 1800s scalpel to shave down a crow's feather into a crowquill just to get a perfect Bolland/Sinnott inkline for a comicbook illustration approximation of a pen and ink rendition of Doctor Doom if done by an artist favoured by Edgar Allan Poe.

A woman called me a shaper once after debating Old Myths vs "Xena" garbage. This resulted in a bet since she considered herself an academic : I told her that if she could recite and act out 5 minutes of Maeve's worst moments in the Tain in Gaelic after sculling 3 pints of Smithwick's on an empty stomach, I would go down on her without a rest for an hour.

She smiled and said "Eeeeeeasy."

I said "Maybe yes, maybe no, since it'll be KINSELLA's translation."

My jaw hurt for over a week and my throat was sore for 3 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ring4Fea wrote: »
    I used a professionally hand sharpened 1800s scalpel to shave down a crow's feather into a crowquill just to get a perfect Bolland/Sinnott inkline for a comicbook illustration approximation of a pen and ink rendition of Doctor Doom if done by an artist favoured by Edgar Allan Poe.
    A woman called me a shaper once after debating Old Myths vs "Xena" garbage. This resulted in a bet since she considered herself an academic : I told her that if she could recite and act out 5 minutes of Maeve's worst moments in the Tain in Gaelic after sculling 3 pints of Smithwick's on an empty stomach, I would go down on her without a rest for an hour.

She smiled and said "Eeeeeeasy."

I said "Maybe yes, maybe no, since it'll be KINSELLA's translation."

My jaw hurt for over a week and my throat was sore for 3 days.

You are a nerd after my cold, dead heart

Woot woot!

To go one further: at the age of 9, to correct someone referring to Frankenstein's Monster as "Frankenstein" (as all sportstards seem to do) is easy enough and expected.

To correct someone on the cast of "The Wolfman" and say "NO, Lon Chaney did NOT play the lead role. His SON did, Lon Chaney JUNIOR. Lon Chaney SENIOR played the Phantom and Quadimodo..." at the age of 7 and a half is... nerdly. AND quite *ahem* 'nocturnal'.

10150573_686516698077915_2014382976_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

7yGD6KT2_zps5e86efd7.jpg~original

windshield shade:D

Bt9TY.jpg
    This actually looks better than any Bat costume in film tv or comics since 1993. And now for my nerdly addendum...
    If you made the figure Batgirl instead, you'd have a sublime post - modernist/deconstructionist meme for Joan of Arc.

How many nerdstars out of 5 do I get for thst one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

10!

• Advertisement

You are too kind. Despite lumbar arthritis from over 2200 nights of comicbook deadlines, I bow deeply to you. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:o

You are too kind. Despite lumbar arthritis from over 2200 nights of comicbook deadlines, I bow deeply to you. :)

You might like this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68911544

As they say in horse racing, done and dusted. ;)

And for this thread :

I have corrected yanks on definitions and pronunciation of bean sidhe.

Since members of that Sadly Sweet Sisterhood do naught but give their hearts through hard song mistaken as screams for those who still care but still die, unfairly.

1891027_447273168736712_2016138758_n.jpg

That's the look on my face every time I see "... and the film will be helmed by Zack Snyder."

Batman has his own Cumbia!! :pac:
    A mi me encanta! :D:D

Game of Thrones/Kick-Ass mashup:)

302217.jpg

• Advertisement

Bp1IyS7CYAATIEB.jpg:large