Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

moving of from traffic lights.

Options
  • 19-08-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

im doing my test in the beginging of september and im just wondering what the correct thing to do when moving off from traffic lights. i always pull the handbrake and take the car out of gear. take my feet of the pedals and all.

are you allowed to leave the car in first gear with your foot on the clutch?

thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Whatever you're more comfortable with. When I did mine I used a combination of neutral and foot on the brake, handbrake if I knew I'd be there ages or shoved it into first with the foot on the clutch if I knew it was about to go green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It really depends. If I arrive as they turn red I put it out of gear and handbrake on. If I think they will change soon I engage gear and ready to move off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement