Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Weird behaviour with telly, any reflective surface

• 19-08-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi
    My westie has always had issues with the telly - used to explode barking from the sofa at images of animals, aggressive behaviour, strange cartoon people etc, now he's stopped the barking and just runs to the telly and follows every movement. Big white head in the way when you're trying to watch the Olympics...
    Sometimes then he paces around whining, looking behind the telly, looking at us, paces around other rooms until eventually settling. No amount of pacifying or telling him to be quiet works.

In the last two weeks he's become obsessed with all reflective surfaces - there's a dvd holder with a frosted panel that he sits in front of and whines or growls, a silver photo frame we had to move out of his eyeline - and last night he took to standing on his back legs to look at the pc screen, whining.

Has anyone ever come across this? I've googled all sorts of combinations and can find no refernces to this behaviour. Funnily enough, he has no interest in mirrors.
    Any advice welcome - is it a 'phase' and we'd be best ignoring it or call in the behaviourists??

He's a happy, well-walked dog otherwise with and pretty placid unless you pass 'his' window!

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

watched an epesoide of "It's Me or the Dog." a while back with a dog obsessed with reflections shadows and bright light. had a look around on google and found it click hereits the second eposide down with a dog called max. very intresting, may be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Thanks soooo much! I watched it and I'm going to start what she suggests tonight - it makes perfect sense that it's attention-seeking as he's a major noticebox!

Fingers crossed Victoria's tips do the trick or i'll never watch Eastenders in peace again.

Cheers - really appreciated
    G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Advertisement