Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat peeing!

Options
  • 19-08-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

My 4 year old cat recently keeps using her litter tray really often, doing loads of little wees. She never used to do this, she only used to take a wee once in a while and then leave the litter tray alone for ages. Any idea why?

We just moved house (in between renting and buying our own place) and so it may be something to do with being nervous in the new environment? Or maybe there is something medically wrong with her?

I googled it and frequent urination is linked to cat diabetes, but that seemed to suggest the cat would urinate anywhere in the house and have little control over its bladder, and that the cat would be drinking way more than normal, which she isn't...

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Is there any sign of blood in the urine? If so, take her to the vet, as frequent visits to the litter tray with little or no 'result' can be a sign of cystitis which can be brought on by stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

No there's no blood... I'll keep checking though and if it continues I'll take her to the vet. You're right though, it could be this. It's a stressfull time for all of us, especially her!

Advertisement