Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas fire

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I wish to fit a "hole in the wall " gas fire.Does anyone know of someone who would be able to fit one of these types of fire.Work would include closing off some of the fire with blocks,fitting the fire & placing a vent in the wall.I am in the Monaghan region. It is a new build.
    Surely with things quiet out there that someone would be interested in that small job or nixer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

You're dealing with gas. You need more than a handyman or it'll be an expensive "nixer". Oh and you're next post could be from outer space!

Get a handyman to make the opening if you wish but get a registered gas installer to fit the gas fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jmac31

Thank you for your advice.

I am looking for an experienced person.My question is..do i have to get a handyman to build up my opening & mount the fire & then get a certified gas installer....or is there someone who does the complete job from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭zoey48

I got quote of €500 for fitting a hole in the wall fire this includes all the work including making the hole bigger fitting the fire connecting the gas and fire resistant plastering.

I assume most gas shop wont let you buy in B&Q and use their fitters but you could just catch one of them in a van and ask him to do a nixer...

Advertisement