Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question.

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how long it usually takes for a tattoo to scab to go....... its been a year since i had one, i got a new one on the back of my neck last friday and the scab is more or less gone.........

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I suppose it depends on your body's healing time. Mine have always been a week or two. Just make sure you don't pick or scratch at it, cos there could be little bits of scab left and you might pick them off by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Toots85 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on your body's healing time. Mine have always been a week or two. Just make sure you don't pick or scratch at it, cos there could be little bits of scab left and you might pick them off by mistake.

Nope, no pickin or scratchin, kept it covered in the shower, used bepanthen but not lashin it on, and it just went!!! Tat looks fine though......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Are you sure the scab has gone? Are you sure it has just, you know, not scabbed over yet?

You are often looking at 5 or so days before the scabs even properly develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 curazylady

i got a tattoo on the back of my neck nearly 2 weeks ago now, and it barely scabbed at all.. its my first so im not sure if dats normal or not.. its fairly small its jus a name.. it seems to be pretty much healed now.. i used bepanthan for about 5 days and since then have used e45 on it and it seems fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

My first one didn't really scab at all, but the second one did, and I got pushed and it tore off, got really worried for a while (had a big dent in it) but it's healed up fine now.

• Advertisement

yea i didnt reali know what to expect and my sis got one a couple of days earlier and hers scabbed loads.. kinda thought there mite be something wrong cuz mine wasnt scabbing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Nope, no pickin or scratchin, kept it covered in the shower, used bepanthen but not lashin it on, and it just went!!! Tat looks fine though......

covered *in* the shower? who told you to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

hot2def wrote: »
    covered *in* the shower? who told you to do that?

Yeah man it shouldn't be covered in the shower.

had some work done a couple of months ago an barely even scabbed.

But a tattoo i had got done previously scabbed big, was there for like 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got one on Friday, only starting to scab now. Are you supposed to bleed at all during and after the process? Cause I haven't.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Got one on Friday, only starting to scab now. Are you supposed to bleed at all during and after the process? Cause I haven't.

Yeah ive never not bled.......:confused:

• Advertisement

i never bled at all.. not during or after it...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Been checked for Aenemia? :p

curazylady wrote: »
    i never bled at all.. not during or after it...

Is that physically possible:confused::confused: A needle flying in an out of your skin thousands of time's generally make's one bleed......??

Unless your a cyborg sent from an alternate dimension:p

i was sure that it was going to bleed cuz any other tattoo iv seen being done has always drawn blood.. maybe it was cuz its so small and fine??
    r maybe im some sort of supernatural freak who just doesnt bleed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I didn't bleed. Guess that just means it will heal in even less time!

GrumPy 1 Universe 0

Some bleed some don't. It's depends on the artist, the person getting the tattoo and the size of the job.

phew!!!! :o im not a supernatural freak afterall :D

I have read in the past that the best Japanese artists (Who used to tattoo in the traditional manner) prided themselves on the fact that their clients never bled.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Got mine on a Monday, started to scab on Thursday, was healed by Sunday.

thats pretty cool!!! no blood must be good so :p
    i was reali scarred about gettin my tattoo as it was my first but iv had such a pleasant experience with it that it has made me want to get more:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The only thing I can guess is that those who didn't bleed may have theirs done quite shallowly... that the needle aren't penetrating to any great depth...

Advertisement