Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private forum list

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If someone feels that you would be welcome in their forum, they will get in touch and ask you would you like to join them.

Its a don't call us, we'll call you situation with private forums.
    However, with public request-invite forums like lolocaust/Sister Swaping etc, I do agree that they should be promoted, or have a "how to gain access" thread somewhere . If only to keep people from asking to join the actual private forums, which are really just a few friends with some space to themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cliques on the internet! :D

I would have thought that private forums are private for a reason and restricted forums are totally different.

Honestly though, if someone has a "private" secret forum on the interwebs where they discuss their favourite outfit that G'Kar of the Narn Regime during the League of Non Aligned Worlds in episode 2/6547b and whether or not he could take a crap in it, is that a forum you REALLY want to have access to???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes cos G'Kar fúcking rocked, fresh spoo for everyone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hell ya!

As said already, private boards are private for a reason and tbh, it's none of ye're business what goes on in there if you're not a member.

The restricted forums are very much in the public eye and there are plenty of places to find out the necessary information to get access to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I think I will give it a few months and then start one for People like myself. If they are like me they will appreciate that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I think I will give it a few months and then start one for People like myself. If they are like me they will appreciate that!
    Already exists here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Already exists here
    *Deep Breath*
    BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

How would one go about setting up a private forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whats the against forum about?

whats the against forum about?
    There were three(i think) forums relating to public debating, Against was for the against arguments on the given topic. Or something like that. I never ventured in but that's what I gathered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mr WibbleWobble

Already exists here

But that is not a private forum? I am :confused:

But that is not a private forum? I am :confused:
    Ah no it is, you have access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mr WibbleWobble

Ah no it is, you have access.

Ah I see now, I can access it because I am new? Cool :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Stupid Lenny and Stupid Karl won't let me join their stupid club for jerks :(

stonecutters_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

All in favour say 'aye'

/silent

Rabies has spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

No access allowed to the 'no boardsies club'

Advertisement