Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just watched the BBC documentry on pedigree dogs and as a former member of the IKC and owner of a pedigree, I have to say I was shocked and amazed at how narrow minded some people in the programme were.

I was always aware of how intense some dog breeders are but I honestly didn't realise to what extent.

For people to think that it is fine to put down a dog because it has the wrong markings or doesn't have a ridge on its back, is beyond belief.

Also for them to allow mating of dogs, that are father - daughter or mother - son or grand father - grand daughter and to continue mating dogs that have been diagnose with life threating conditions is just sick.

As much as I love my dog, at the time of buying her I did not fully understand the goings on of this network. I am not tarring all dog breeders with the one brush in a hope that there are some responsilbe breeders out there and if the irresponsilbe ones by some chance do read this or have seen the programme I would hope that they take some time to reflect on the life they are imposing on these dogs, who don't have a choice and can't speak when they are in pain or tell you what you have done to them.

Sorry rant over but I do hope that some good will come of this.

Comments

Advertisement