Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of oredring pc on line. would like some opinions

Options
  • 19-08-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

thinking of oredring this pc (quad core for 329 euro) from www.ankermann-pc.com, seems like good value to me, is it?. anyone know if this company are reliable.

the pc will mostly be used for video and photo editing and other multimedia projects for colege. maybe an odd game or two but this is not too important. would above pc be good option for this.

also what version of vista is best to go for.

thanks for help

this is pc for € 329,00

System: INTEL Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
    Q6600 | FSB 1066 | 8MB cache
    Equipment:

- MSI P6NGM-L
    - PCI-e 512 MB NVidia GeForce 8600-GT TV-out- DVI: € 0.00
    - 500GB SAMSUNG SATA2 HDD
    - 1x 2GB DDR2 RAM KINGSTON 800MHz
    - LG GH20 LS15 20x DVD-RW Lightscribe
    - Black/Blue Case 07A: € 0.00
    - Cooler Master CPU Cooler | 52in1 Cardreader
    - 600 Watt A-DIS Low Noise Power Supply
    - Realtek ALC850 8 Channel Audio
    - DSL Ready 10/100/1000 Ethernet GigaBit LAN
    - Ankermann ATX Case 6x USB 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CakeJumperer

I've been looking at it myself ronan, it seems like a very good deal. If you plan on using 4gb+ of ram then vista 64bit is a must, home premium ships with photoshop and some other software that you might find usefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

thanks for reply

have you delt with ankermann before. are they reliable.

are there not alot of compatibility isues with running a 64 bit os ?

I havn't but i heard a few people on the boards have had good experiences with them, i'm planning on a desktop from either them or hardwareversand.de soon.

Vista 64 has very few compatibility issues with todays software, it's when you go back to 5 year old no-name games that you find issues. Video and photo editing should be a dream with 64bit and 4gb of ram:)

cheers think i will prob go for that pc. just have to decide on which os now.
    any advice on monitor to go with it? ankermann site dont seem to have any widescreen
    also is the Superquiet Modification for 25 euro worth bothering about, dont think id need it

thanks again

thinking of this now

http://www.ankermann-pc.com/en/ the quad core for 329 euro
    vista home premiun 16 bit same site 115 euro
    this 20" monitor http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=342253 199 euro

about 52 euro to get it all delivered
    695 for the lot.
    seems ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I havn't but i heard a few people on the boards have had good experiences with them, i'm planning on a desktop from either them or hardwareversand.de soon.

Vista 64 has very few compatibility issues with todays software, it's when you go back to 5 year old no-name games that you find issues. Video and photo editing should be a dream with 64bit and 4gb of ram:)

Not true. Vista64 has a x86 folder where all the non 64bit software is installed. It is then emulated. I installed the original unreal tournament the other night, no probs at all, an thats 9 years old now.

Ok but there's still compatibility issues right, even with sp1. I have issues with vista x86 and have to go looking for work arounds so i guess vista x64 is at least as bad(it's not really bad:D).

Not a bad build ronan, theirs a 24" syncmaster on the front page of Hardwareversand atm going for 299euro. More screen real estate if you wan't to splash out. Also you could pick up an oem copy of vista much cheaper;)

decided to go for this one instead http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=347570. sems good value too. great reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268

going to stick with xp for a while untill i decide which way to go with vista

thanks for all the advice

ps anyone know how long it takes ankermann to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ps anyone know how long it takes ankermann to deliver

Ordered a pc from them last Monday and in correspondence with them via email daily as to when they will deliver it

They say Tuesday of next week ?

i emailed them and they said We need 3-5 days for montage after receiving your payment, then UPS insured takes 3-6 days to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Anyone have a concrete date from time or purchase to arrival at your house

Advertisement