Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving license

Options
  • 19-08-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Does anyone know where i could go to get a full license with my cert of competence without having to send it off the post? Im in the fingal area so im just wondering where i would have to go to get it.
    Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Local Tax office should do the trick. Make sure you have all your relevant documentation and photograph's etc. with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

ok thanks. I dont really know where my local one is just have to search for it i suppose. My parents usually do all that type of crap for me! There away now. ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Your local would probably be Ballymun.
    It's the Civic Centre on the Main Street.

Well done on passing by the way!
    Others are in town, Rathfarnham, and Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

You can bring in all the relevant documets into the TAX office in town but you still have to have it the license posted out to you ( that is what I did ). It saves a few days waiting for the TAX office to recieve it.

If you're worried about driving without a full (pink) license, just take a copy of your certificate and carry that around with you until your license arrives. Although you're still technically not a full license holder until you recieve your full license.. I have never heard of any case where the gardai didn't accept a certificate as proof. Oh, you will also recieve a reciept in the tax office just carry this as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Ok thanks all, i suppose ill go to the ballymun one and try dodge a few bullets and shanks! Lol. Yeah why is the license PINK. Its Gay! Why cant the irish licenses be like a plastic card like most countries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

cos this is a banana republic... Easiest things in the world to copy btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,914 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ok thanks all, i suppose ill go to the ballymun one and try dodge a few bullets and shanks! Lol. Yeah why is the license PINK. Its Gay! Why cant the irish licenses be like a plastic card like most countries!

Didn't know we gave licences to 12 year olds :rolleyes:

Credit card style licences across Europe are also pink, as it happens. Its the EU standard colour for full licences, and our licences are based on an older EU standard.

Advertisement