Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening in Clane

Options
  • 19-08-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi. I am looking at getting my daughter christened in October and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good venue for afters. Have been in Clane for over a year but haven't had a chance to check out the pubs so don't know what they are like. Need somewhere that will serve food and is also accommodating to kids as have a few nieces and nephews. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My mother had her 50th birthday in the westgrove a couple of years ago and it was very nice. Decent food, the function room was a good size, the staff were friendly and helpful, all in all twas a good night.

Past that im not really sure where else in clane would be good for that kind of thing. I think the cornerhouse and manzors do food, but im not sure if they cater for events, and in any case id imagine the westgrove would be a better bet. After that youre really looking at places in either naas or maynooth id say.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for the Westgrove or there's the GAA club, my friend had her babys Christening afters there a couple of years ago and it was lovely, food was great and she said it was reasonable enough.. They had it in a function room upstairs as opposed to the big hall downstairs and it was lovley, very bright and perfect size, she had about 30 or so people there... She's had another baby since and is having his Christening there next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

we had Christening afters in Westgrove and it was grand. It was a Sunday and they kept a section free for 20 people, everyone ordered there carvery choice and then just settled it up at the end,

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jessbud

Thanks for your replies. The GAA club sounds perfect going to get in touch with them this week. Thanks again.

Advertisement