Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbers advice PLEASE!

Options
2»

Comments

I did, but putting on my work hat i couldn't advise you to do it because from a gas boiler point of view, if the limit stat triggers or if the boiler has a pump over run to help dissipate heat, then it can't stop the increase in heat as the gas boiler controls can have no impact on the heat generated by the back boiler, put simply your gas boiler could be saying no, no, no and your back boiler could be saying yes, yes, yes. in respect of dumping heat down the return, if the system temperature is up to temperature then you may not be able to dissipate the heat under extreme conditions so if you could find a way of fitting a temperature/pressure relief valve on the return then this will open at 98c and release the system water and allow cooling water from the f+e tank, i have never seen one used in this manor as they are used for unvented cylinders(there maybe a heating version), but i can't see why it wouldn't work, fitting it would be the hard thing, if you have a look at diynot.com and ask the same question you will get a more definitive answer as there's a load of gas heating installers who post on that site, and as i said it's all about safety, safety, safety, Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

Nice one Gary, Taking on board your advice, I think I will run the two heat sources separate. I'll bypass the gas boiler for when the fire in on and vise versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Nice one Gary, Taking on board your advice, I think I will run the two heat sources separate. I'll bypass the gas boiler for when the fire in on and vise versa.

At Last ! :D:D:D
    Good luck with the work at the weekend.
    Jim.

JamesM wrote: »
    At Last ! :D:D:D
    Good luck with the work at the weekend.
    Jim.

Once again thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes:P

Anthony

My work here is done. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jesijoe

Once again thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes:P

Anthony

hi just reading thread v interesting ive adual system to deal with next week how did u get on with urs any tips much appreciated ta j.

All done, works a treat, looking foward to low gas bills!.
    As the lads on the thread said you need a vented open system not a closed one which is more popular in most homes! So check that out first. You must be able to get cold water to flow thru if the was a power cut and no valves on the pipe to the attic to restrict flow.

hope this helps

Advertisement