Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who was looking for a fixie starter frame again?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I cant find the relevant post, someone here was asking about the last frame I have for grabs. Its a smaller one, maybe about 55cm blue frame, from an old single speed, see the photo below. The cottered cranks are on it still and I dont have my tools in the city centre any more so you're on your own with removing them, but maybe thesunwashot can help you on this, he got others out on another frame i had with minimal effort. You'll have to come and meet me on the north side of the city centre, around O'Connell Street, to pick it up, I'm too busy this week for personal deliveries I'm afraid. Its yours for €45. The front wheel isnt with it, but maybe the back wheel still is (I havent been to my old gaf in a fortnight so maybe its been thrown out) its an older single speed hub and isnt convertible to a fixed gear. The handlebars may also not be there.

2778767663_a3a21c129a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

This is anyone's now, first come first served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

Any news on that singlespeed you were talking about having a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Erm, is this not it?

Either way, looks like a bargain for 45 beans, the price of them on Ebay these days.. Then you have to pay postage! And half the work is done, it's already a single speed!

Wez wrote: »
    Erm, is this not it?

Either way, looks like a bargain for 45 beans, the price of them on Ebay these days.. Then you have to pay postage! And half the work is done, it's already a single speed!

Yes this is it. Saturday afternoon is the final time for anyone to grab this, I'm leaving the country on Monday morning and hopefully never coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'll take it! (please say I'm first...)

• Advertisement

Well Amzer123 said he wanted it in a previous post, but he never replied to my PM, so its yours. I'll PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I hope you're taking your bike with you, man!

fish-head wrote: »
    I hope you're taking your bike with you, man!

No, I'm leaving both the Langster and my pride and joy self-build in a shed, I'll be back at some point to get them, maybe Christmas or next summer.
    I'll just buy a new one or build myself one (at this stage I'm able to build a much better one than my first one) when I get a gaf sorted.

Oh yeah I guess I should say thanks and goodbye to everyone here who I've interacted with on the board and in real life, good buzz, good place to get help and information, learned and lot and met some nice people, also mad props to anyone who threw a part or a frame my way. Keep up the good work boys and girls. Ciao!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

flickerx wrote: »
    Oh yeah I guess I should say thanks and goodbye to everyone here who I've interacted with on the board and in real life, good buzz, good place to get help and information, learned and lot and met some nice people, also mad props to anyone who threw a part or a frame my way. Keep up the good work boys and girls. Ciao!

Good luck ! Hope you find what you're looking for !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

flickerx wrote: »

bon voyage - look in sometime when I finally get pics up of my build which is stalled by handlebar/stem mismatch

Advertisement