Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tales Of Vesperia

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Since this game came out in japan sales of the 360 were double the sales of the PS3 :)

I'll definitely be picking this one up but not for a little while, car insurance needs to be paid first :(

Should be a cracking game, the tales of series have always been hugely entertaining RPGs with excellent battle systems that are more streets of rage than final fantasy. Tales of Symphonia on the gamecube was one of my favourite games ever and I must slap myself on the wrist for not having bought Tales of Abyss on PS2 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

As I pointed out earlier there is also a demo of this up on the Japanesse XBox Live. It's in English too which is a plus.

Setting up a Jap account is fairly easy, you just need to google it.

Also, I'd be suprised if that's the official release date for the game as nowhere else seems to have set a date yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pity it's a Namco game, they still put region locking on their 360 titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Who all puts region locking in their games still? I thought that stopped with this gen.

This game looks good though, Ill hopefully get it if I have money left over after Fallout and Fable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I loved Tales of Symphonia and New Game+ was fantastic on it. Didn't even know that this existed, cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I haven't even played a Tales game yet but I've heard many good things about them. I might get this. Region locking is annoying though since I got my 360 in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I loved Tales of Symphonia so I know I'll love this. But fcuk Namco for their EU release date and region locking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I loved Tales of Symphonia so I know I'll love this. But fcuk Namco for their EU release date and region locking :(

Eu get screwed all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Since this game came out in japan sales of the 360 were double the sales of the PS3 :)

I'll definitely be picking this one up but not for a little while, car insurance needs to be paid first :(

Should be a cracking game, the tales of series have always been hugely entertaining RPGs with excellent battle systems that are more streets of rage than final fantasy. Tales of Symphonia on the gamecube was one of my favourite games ever and I must slap myself on the wrist for not having bought Tales of Abyss on PS2 yet.

It did indeed open an ice cream shop in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

This aint being released over here until spring 09 :(

• Advertisement

That's absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable in this day and age. America is getting it in August and with most games being in 60Hz only and the HD modes being universal there is absolutely no excuse for a 6 month delay in this day and age especially when the english translation has obviously been done for the american release.

Is it just Square Enix and Namco that still live in a fantasy screw Europe over 16-bit land?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

there is absolutely no excuse for a 6 month delay in this day and age especially when the english translation has obviously been done for the american release.
    Yes but the French, German, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese etc. etc. translations haven't.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yes but the French, German, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese etc. etc. translations haven't.

And I still call bull****. Doing the multiple languages for Metal Gear Sold 4 was such a massive undertaking that Konami couldn't get itout for a worldwide release? And how come Microsoft can manage near simultaneous american and european release dates for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. It's not stopping Sega getting a near simultaneous release date for Valkyrie Chronicles either. These ridiculous shenanigans should have died when the dreamcast arrived. It might be acceptable from a small developer like Atlus but is unacceptable from a massive one like Square Enix and Namco.

I'd also like to add Sony to the **** list for the same reasons.

Ah well, what can you do. Was looking forward to playing this soon but if it doesn't come out till Spring..............well I might give it a miss. The reviews haven't been earth shattering anyway, apparently just a visually upgraded Tales of Symphonia (which is in no way a bad thing).

Still have Valkyria Chronicles to look forward to (out in November I think). I have that title so built up in my head it's bound to be a disappointment.

Vyse wrote: »
    Ah well, what can you do. Was looking forward to playing this soon but if it doesn't come out till Spring..............well I might give it a miss. The reviews haven't been earth shattering anyway, apparently just a visually upgraded Tales of Symphonia (which is in no way a bad thing).

Well any RPG that isn't from Sqaure Enix seems to get unfairly marked down especially Tales of games despite them all being wonderful. i wouldn't really trust them. Anyway 80 average on Metacritic and 35/40 from Famitsu (9-9-9-8) are not scores a crap game gets.

Well any RPG that isn't from Sqaure Enix seems to get unfairly marked down especially Tales of games despite them all being wonderful. i wouldn't really trust them. Anyway 80 average on Metacritic and 35/40 from Famitsu (9-9-9-8) are not scores a crap game gets.

Well I was not under the illusion that it was going to be crap by a long shot. In saying all that the games that have been getting rave reviews have fallen well short of the mark.

I would be suprised if this didn't make it out before Christmas (Eternal Sonata was a month later but Atari picked up the publishing rights there). I know Spring has been knocked about but I haven't seen any solid info yet. Fingers crossed as I'm getting married in Spring so I can knock any gaming plans for then right on the head:)

i'm just hoping it actually makes it to Europe. the last 2 big Tales of games were down for silly 6 month release delays but never made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

This delay is mad. They should just release it in English and the other languages later on as most countries have English fluency in Europe anyway.

Or even just made it region-free that would work too. Its not nice to be shunned. Play.com have it down for release on 26/06/2009 but that's probably just provisional.

This delay is mad. They should just release it in English and the other languages later on as most countries have English fluency in Europe anyway.

Or even just made it region-free that would work too. Its not nice to be shunned. Play.com have it down for release on 26/06/2009 but that's probably just provisional.

Last week they had it down for the 28/08/2008:p I'm guessing that Atari aren't going to pick this one up based on the sales of Eternal Sonata.

*Thread Resurrect!!!!*

I thought I'd bump this rather than make a new thread as it's basically the same subject I was going to rant about. How has this game not got a release date yet? I just remembered it existed as I'm on the lookout for a new game and I like my RPG's. Has anyone heard anything? I can't find any info on this title and it's really irritating. It's been out on America since Augest. Someone is pulling the piss. I loved Symphonia and I'm wondering if this game will ever get an EU release date.

• Advertisement

It seems to have disappeared off the release schedules. **** Namco Bandai is all I can say. I just hope sqaure, 505 or Atlus pick it up because it's not looking good.

Fingers crossed something happens. I actually emailed Namco/Bandai. Their european site doesn't have any contact details so I sent it to their American site whom linked me to the european site. I didn't expect that to get me anywhere, but hey :rolleyes:.
    **** Namco Bandai is all I can say.

Here here.

I say a thread on gamespot. Atari have a deal to publish all Namco games in Europe but refused Tales of Vesperia. I think Namco Bandai are looking for another publisher. I just hope if the bigger ones don't take it 505, Square or another small importer snap it up.

Of course this wouldn't happen if they didn't region lock their games. If this doesn't come out I'm flahing my xbox so I can play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I say a thread on gamespot. Atari have a deal to publish all Namco games in Europe but refused Tales of Vesperia. I think Namco Bandai are looking for another publisher. I just hope if the bigger ones don't take it 505, Square or another small importer snap it up.

Of course this wouldn't happen if they didn't region lock their games. If this doesn't come out I'm flahing my xbox so I can play it.

I thought flashing only lets you play backups, not imports? Or have there been improvements?

Ah great :( NTSC xbox then :)

European release date is set for June. About fucking time.

European release date is set for June. About fucking time.

No kidding. It's hardly going to sell at all when it does come out at this stage. Just like Silent Hill:Hoecoming.

Well it isn't region free which might help. However it's out the same month as Star Ocean I think.

Yes! Talk about long over due, and June is still a good bit off but I'm very happy to hear it'll get a release.

• Advertisement

Well it isn't region free which might help. However it's out the same month as Star Ocean I think.

Neither was Silent Hill. Most of the online gaming press are American though so there'll be minimal buzz when it does come out, which is more what I'm angling at. It's not like Super Smash Bros where it's guaranteed to sell and gets delayed, this one'll sell based on reviews and fans of the series.

Advertisement