Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCD event list

Options
  • 20-08-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

I saw in the Leaving Cert forum that there is a list of the artists not allowed to be mentioned. I think it would be a good Idea if this list was attached to every MCD sticky to make sure there is no confusion.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56773168&postcount=2

It would also give users no excuse and make the Mod decision a little easier.Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Good idea. I mentioned a gig run by the Unmentionables a few times because I didn't realise they were involved with it. No one noticed, including the mods because no one else realised either, so I wasn't warned or anything! So it would be good for the mods too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Its quite simple.

ticketmaster.ie + band name = promoter = post/do not post.

Mods have to do it to check events, so why can't users do it before they post - especially since they're at risk of a ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Silverfish wrote: »
    Its quite simple.

ticketmaster.ie + band name = promoter = post/do not post.

Mods have to do it to check events, so why can't users do it before they post - especially since they're at risk of a ban?

Just simpler to have it in the sticky .No excuses then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Just simpler to have it in the sticky .No excuses then.

So constantly listing every new event every week / month?
    Keeping that up to date would be quite time consuming.

Considering people manage to miss the stickies on the top of every forum, I can't see them having the patience or intelligence to wade through a list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and every single sticky would have to be updated manually by each moderator i'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Silverfish wrote: »
    So constantly listing every new event every week / month?
    Keeping that up to date would be quite time consuming.

It is just a list of the main Artists .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A list already exists. Its at the website of the promoter in question, and you should check that. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Users use your noggins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Users use your noggins.

Yeah obviously users should do that but as I've said, I mistakenly mentioned a concert I shouldn't have several times in a couple of forums and not one mod picked up on it. So perhaps mods aren't checking the list either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Cremo wrote: »
    and every single sticky would have to be updated manually by each moderator i'd imagine.

each sticky could link to a central list... then just one post needs to be kept up to date....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

A list already exists. Its at the website of the promoter in question, and you should check that. Problem solved.
    Ditto.

An updated thred in every forum every week/month is unrealistic, not to mention it would advertise the unadvertisable's.
    And if sherifu doesn't get his own forum - neither does the unmentionable's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i thought the whole idea was to give them as little exposure as possible, putting up a sticky in every forum with a list of all their events would seem a bit counter productive to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i thought the whole idea was to give them as little exposure as possible, putting up a sticky in every forum with a list of all their events would seem a bit counter productive to me.
    +1

This is basically just expecting mods to compensate for personal laziness tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You can't just have a list of artists that can't be mentioned. Artists may have different gigs at different venues handled by different promoters. A blanket ban on artists as referred to in the OP is inaccurate and unfair to both the artists and the users who want to discuss the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I saw in the Leaving Cert forum that there is a list of the artists not allowed to be mentioned. I think it would be a good Idea if this list was attached to every MCD sticky to make sure there is no confusion.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56773168&postcount=2

It would also give users no excuse and make the Mod decision a little easier.Thanks

A link to that list on the site is in the sticky in the Gigs/Events forum. Yesterday I banned more than 10 people for breaking the rules re:MCD discussion. Users (new and old) are too lazy to read stickies and then have a quick check as to who promotes the gig before posting

As Phantom_Lord said here, why give the promoters more publicity for their acts by publishing a list.

Finally the ban is not related to artists, its related to any discussion regarding MCD, MCD events and venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The moderators have better things to be doing in real life, than updating stickies every single day.

Silverfish posted a foolproof method which only takes 5 seconds of your time. I understand how a sticky would be handy, but it's not going to be allowed as an excuse, "It wasn't on the sticky!".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement