Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with prices?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Roughly speaking, how much would i be looking at for a full chest piece?
    Talkin bout the whole shibang, full deep colours, coming up to my neck, down to about my solarplex, and spreading right across my body, to the side of my ribs.

I know we get these type of questions alot, but i hate going into places and then sayin, "oh by the way im only 17 so this wont be happening for a few months! D:"
    haha
    Plus, i think people actually getting the tattoo's will have a better idea of the prices, and time needed and the likes.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Full chest peice? From a decent studio probably in excess of 3000 euro. I have never got anything that big, so I could be a fair bit off. I very much doubt you would get it for any less than 2k anyway.

A quick rule of thumb is you are normally looking at 80-120 euro per hour depending on the artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

A whole chest inked as soon as you turn 18?

Yikes you have more balls than me anyway, I'm still waiting before I get any major ink and I'm 20.

Anyway to answer your question bassed on ont of my own which cost 250 I would say you're looking at almost 2 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

oeb wrote: »
    Full chest peice? From a decent studio probably in excess of 3000 euro. I have never got anything that big, so I could be a fair bit off. I very much doubt you would get it for any less than 2k anyway.

A quick rule of thumb is you are normally looking at 80-120 euro per hour depending on the artist.

3000???? I doubt it.... Maybe if you have a monster chest:) since your 17 i would doubt it... no offence;). My whole upper back is nearly covered an its pretty detailed its been 900 ton so far. There's a pic in here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thanks lads, yeah i was thinking around the 2k mark alright, it will be a long term project obviously, seeing as right now im not even employed! >.<
    I'll be getting the outlines done first, and colours put in as time goes on i reckon, or maybe just start out and add-to-it/let it expand out over time. Advice on that?

Looking forward to getting started on it anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I've a full chest piece and it's been 1200 so far. I've got another couple of hours work and some touch ups to fully finish it :)

I started with the outline and I'm in the process of getting it coloured in, then when it's all coloured I've got a couple of parts that need to be touched up! :D

• Advertisement

Thats the kinda stiff i was hoping for, nice one man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

stiff? O_o

stiff? O_o

What? You did not know that Cherryvega was a zombie?

i was thinking on a totally different level, but yes. cherry is a zombeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'll be getting the outlines done first, and colours put in as time goes on i reckon, or maybe just start out and add-to-it/let it expand out over time. Advice on that? :D

I would defo recommend that you treat as one overall peice rather than just adding to it. As it may not turn out the way you might originally envisaged.
    Many large tattoo's ive personly seen that have just been built up over time peice by peice just look messy (this includes myself EK)!!!:(

• Advertisement

Bahaha, i ment stuff, as in info.
    I'd rather not get a ban for talking about riskaaaay things!

And thanks vangos, saved my ass from a messy piece! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

i was thinking on a totally different level, but yes. cherry is a zombeh.

:D
    We are for zombies :pac:

Froo get your mind outta the gutter!! :P

but... the stars look so pretty from here :D

That's not stars, it's broke glass!

Advertisement