Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chest and other surface piercings

Options
  • 20-08-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hey, I really wanted to get a vertical chest surface piercing in. I don't have any surface piercings so I need advice.

I asked the guy in snakebite, and he refused to do it due to the high chance of rejection. Do you think it's worth the risk? Is it almost certain that it'll be gone in 7 months, leaving an ugly scar?

Also, can the bar be changed, and/or balls be changed if and when it heals?

Are all surface piercings of similar chance of rejection? or just said piercing? Would it be less likely to reject if I was older? (I've just turned 19)

oh, if its relevant I'm male, so might change things regarding chest piercings!! :pac:

ahem, respect to the guy from snakebite, lovely fella !! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AFAIK almost all surface piercings have pretty high chances of rejecting, but a lot of it depends on your anatomy as well. If he thought it'd reject like that, it may be worth simply forgetting it, but the decision is yours of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sd123 wrote: »
    Hey, I really wanted to get a vertical chest surface piercing in. I don't have any surface piercings so I need advice.

I asked the guy in snakebite, and he refused to do it due to the high chance of rejection. Do you think it's worth the risk? Is it almost certain that it'll be gone in 7 months, leaving an ugly scar?

fairly. it's a really high movement area. nooow... and i can only speak from what the piercer im seeing over here says... but he is of the opinion that metal surface piercing bars are the devil, and that ptfe is the way to go if you want surface piercings to stay in. a LOT of reputable piercers will argue that one, and i dont know enough to say one way or the other. im experimenting with the ptfe ones in a pretty high movement area at the moment. if it works, i will sing their praises all over the world, but can't talk for it yet.
    Also, can the bar be changed, and/or balls be changed if and when it heals?

yep, both, assuming it heals.
    Are all surface piercings of similar chance of rejection? or just said piercing? Would it be less likely to reject if I was older? (I've just turned 19)

it depends on the movement of the area, and how likely it is to hit off stuff in the process.

ahem, respect to the guy from snakebite, lovely fella !! :)

for sure. whether you like em or not, the dude sticks to his principles :cool:

haha, he did talk me out of a sternum piercing before... im waiting to see how my ptfe heals up (or not) before thinking about that one again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

fairly. it's a really high movement area. nooow... and i can only speak from what the piercer im seeing over here says... but he is of the opinion that metal surface piercing bars are the devil, and that ptfe is the way to go if you want surface piercings to stay in. a LOT of reputable piercers will argue that one, and i dont know enough to say one way or the other. im experimenting with the ptfe ones in a pretty high movement area at the moment. if it works, i will sing their praises all over the world, but can't talk for it yet.

haha, he did talk me out of a sternum piercing before... im waiting to see how my ptfe heals up (or not) before thinking about that one again.

Thanks alot mate, where did you get it done do you mind me asking? How long since you got it done, hows it looking atm? and also pics if and when it heals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

am in new zealand, so getting it done here... got it done now... emm... coupla months ago? the end of may, start of june it was. it's healing up nicely. gotta get it snipped a little, actually, but probably wont get the chance til i come back home. god, im gonna be home this time next week! :eek: it's starting to sink in!

but aye, healing up nicely now. ill get back at the 6 month mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Not all surface piercings reject. I personally know a woman who has a 10 year old nape and a 6 year old sternum, both with surface barbells.
    /random information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

I have my chest pierced. I'm female so it's between my breasts.
    It healed up well, and I have had many a surface piercing that didn't.
    For me in between them isn't actually a high movement area. More so around the area.

Moral is, I had it done, I love it, and it healed up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

I have my chest pierced. I'm female so it's between my breasts.
    It healed up well, and I have had many a surface piercing that didn't.
    For me in between them isn't actually a high movement area. More so around the area.

Moral is, I had it done, I love it, and it healed up well.

Thanks, how long ago did you get it done, and where??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I had my sternum pierced twice, second with different placement to the first. They both rejected, but now I've got four groovy dots on my sternum :D My body will always reject surface piercings :( I love them so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 1984Louise

I have the back of my neck pierced for over 2 years now i was told when getting it done that it would be rejected in a few month but no sign of it yet

Advertisement