Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Flavour Pairings For 2008

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yes to vanilla & cardamom. Rachel Allen has a good recipe for white chocolate ganache with cardamom.

Chile & cocoa...hmm... I tried the recipe in the Avoca 2 cookbook wtih chocolate added and it didn't really do anything for me. But I suppose chilli flavoured chocolate is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

taconnol wrote: »

Chile & cocoa...hmm... I tried the recipe in the Avoca 2 cookbook wtih chocolate added and it didn't really do anything for me. But I suppose chilli flavoured chocolate is good.

Bernd Flemming, who gained his Michelin star at the Restaurant Français in Frankfurt, now runs a food development consultancy. He says: "The cocoa has a special flavour. We always think chocolate is something to do with sweetness but cocoa is a spice like vanilla or chilli. We use it as a spice for example in the Mexican mole dish. And like a spice, used in the quantities of a spice or condiment, chocolate balances the taste between sweet ingredients and spicy ingredients. It doesn't really change the texture."

http://www.costsectorcatering.co.uk/online_article/Perfect-partners/190

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Chili Chocolate is absolutely delicious.

Anyone watching Willies Wonky Chocolate Factory at the moment?

Advertisement