Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAA May be forced to sell three UK airports

Options
  • 20-08-2008 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7571613.stm

You have probably read this anyway, so i won't paste the story here.

It looks lilke BAA will have to sell two of Heathrow, Stansted or Gatwick. Which I guess means they will only have Heathrow long term as surely that would be the one to keep. They will also have to sell either Glasgow or Edinburgh

I haven't looked at the figures, but i am presuming that the three London airports mentioned make up the majority of flights in and out of Dublin.

How do you guys see this affecting the Irish traveller, if at all. I think the extra competition that Gatwick may bring could be good, especially with Aer Lingus and Ryanair flying into there. hopefully a better choice of flights from Stansted as well, with hopefully some competition to Ryanair going in there.

What do you more seasoned flyers think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I heard MOL on the radio/TV recently talking about this. He said Ryanair would make a move for Stansted.

Saying that it can only be good that the 3 biggest (they are, aren't they?) London airports will be in different hands. It can only increase competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Del2005 wrote: »
    I heard MOL on the radio/TV recently talking about this. He said Ryanair would make a move for Stansted.

Saying that it can only be good that the 3 biggest (they are, aren't they?) London airports will be in different hands. It can only increase competition.

They are the three biggest UK airports I believe, not just London.

Can you imagine an Airport run by Ryanair.

All Passengers must place liquids in a plastic bag, available at £1 each, which will be scanned seperately a a cost of £2.........

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

All Passengers must place liquids in a plastic bag, available at £1 each.....

lol, already in place at Luton, (you actually get 4 for your £1)

Advertisement