Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this freak you out ladies?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Actually i find this thread to be fairly insightful. PI is full of girls who talk about guys never approaching them, and full of guys talking about how they can't approach women!

I can see why on both fronts i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

wouldn't have a problem with it tbh
    i'd probably go very red and blush like crazy, but i'd be pretty flattered.

not that i'm good looking enough to stop someone on the street, but ya know.

then again... the only guys that ever show interest in me are usually oddballs, so i'd be suspicious from the get go unless you were cute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I would find it extremely weird tbh. I can't even say I'd react that politely as I'm always suspicious of people who stop me in the street for collections/surveys/what time is it etc......probably because I had my purse stolen out of my handbag before, but I'm always on edge when people I don't know try and stop me on the street. It's the classic distract and attack thing that I'm wary of.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

LolaDub wrote: »
    That sounds weirder than what the op is describing, in fairness he was driving and pulled over to chase you down, tried to find out as much stalking info as he could and checked you didn't fake number him. Was he much older than you?

I'd say he was at least 15 years older..

Then again, all guys who approach me usually turn out to be oddballs so maybe I should just... never leave the house. Eat my lunch locked in the bathroom from now on. Something like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I think we're all in the same boat there. I've met two many mentalers for one forum. Caution caution!

• Advertisement

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I'd say he was at least 15 years older..

A man 15 years older driving past you chased you down took your nember, checked it was yours and asked you out-seriously start running

A man 15 years older driving past you chased you down took your nember, checked it was yours and asked you out-seriously start running

I know he sent me about four messages this morning. Am kind of unsure about how to proceed now though because it seems unnecessarily cruel to have given him my number just to say "please leave me alone"..

I know he sent me about four messages this morning. Am kind of unsure about how to proceed now though because it seems unnecessarily cruel to have given him my number just to say "please leave me alone"..

To be honest that is exactly what you say.

Four messages?

Even if he's not a psycho he's still one sad bastard.

Seraphina wrote: »
    then again... the only guys that ever show interest in me are usually oddballs, so i'd be suspicious from the get go unless you were cute

"Most women who I go out with are dumb but if they are good looking who cares?"

This is the male equivalent of what you just said. Superficial much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

I'd be checkin for me wallet, I would automatically assume that you were creating a distraction while dipping pockets and bags or that you were 10 [EMAIL="w@nks"]w@nks[/EMAIL] past desperate as they say!

• Advertisement

"Most women who I go out with are dumb but if they are good looking who cares?"

This is the male equivalent of what you just said. Superficial much?

*grins* When's the last time YOU went out on a date with someone you thought was ugly. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

i think you'd definitely have to give your number and not ask for their number if you were doing it. I'd be more inclined to it if the guy saw me first made eye contact and smiled and i had smiled back i think.

Definitely!! I dunno if it'd be comparable but I've gotten dates on the nitelink this way:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bored@workagain

people everywhere in the world meet people in this way its one thing i dont like bout ireland if u try and talk 2 someone randomly they think your a weirdo .. also in other threads people advise 2 randomly bebo a girl and say ' hi was just lookig at ur profile and ur hot blah blah blah' i think this is twice as strange as sayin it to some ones face maybe its my old age...

people everywhere in the world meet people in this way its one thing i dont like bout ireland if u try and talk 2 someone randomly they think your a weirdo .. also in other threads people advise 2 randomly bebo a girl and say ' hi was just lookig at ur profile and ur hot blah blah blah' i think this is twice as strange as sayin it to some ones face maybe its my old age...

I wouldn't even respond to a message like that. I go a facebook friend request the other day with the message i think you are so hot girl, wanna meet for discrete sex...

eh-ignore button!

I would just say i'm sorry but the age difference is too much for me thanks anyway for the compliment, take care. If he kept texting i'd say you're a stalking psycho stay the hell away from me!

I would just say i'm sorry but the age difference is too much for me thanks anyway for the compliment, take care. If he kept texting i'd say you're a stalking psycho stay the hell away from me!

I haven't texted him back. He just sent me a rhyming text message. I think it's supposed to be cute.

I haven't texted him back. He just sent me a rhyming text message. I think it's supposed to be cute.

I'll text ya later for an update on this. Sorry, but it IS funny.

I don't know how you get into these situations!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

What perfect timing.

A guy came up to me yesterday (mid to late thirties, greying beard and glasses) as I was walking down to the shop on my own for lunch, and said "excuse me!" When I pulled me headphones down and turned to stare at him he said "I apologise if this is going to sound quite rude..."

I braced myself for an insult.

"..but I was driving by and saw you walking and just had to come over and see if you wouldn't mind going for a coffee with me sometime this week?"

I was in such a state of shock that when he asked for my number I gave it without thinking. And then (and I really HATE when guys do this) he rang it to make sure it was a real number. I then dodged questions about where exactly I'm working and now I'm angry with myself for not being able to say no.

I have no backbone... :(

So despite my friendliness and how 'approachable' I may seem, in my head I'm thinking "errr weirdo". Sorry.
    I got your number easier than that, you're a pushover! :P

I'm shocked at the number of weirdos there are out there to be honest, from reading a couple of threads in tLL lately, men can be right freaks all too often it seems!

you're a pushover! :P

I am.. :(

I just can't say no! Especially if I get caught off guard with no time to think up an excuse! I seriously need to grow a pair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I just can't say no! Especially if I get caught off guard with no time to think up an excuse! I seriously need to grow a pair...

If you had a pair they would stop stalking you. Tell them you were David before the operation ;)

• Advertisement

Okay, after having seen said text i can honestly say i nearly wet myself laughing in work.

ROFLCOPTER indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well what's the difference between someone coming up to you in a pub or a shopping centre? In a pub it's fine but in a shop you're a weirdo?

Either way if he's hot and seems nice I'd give him my number. That's happened to me on trains before with guys but it was after we'd had a bit of a conversation first so not quite a complete stranger at that stage.

A friend of mine met his girlfriend in Stephen's Green. She was sitting on the grass, just chilling with her mates and he thought she had a lovely smile and just went for it and asked her out. 3 years later and they're very happy together. So why not.

Dragan wrote: »
    Okay, after having seen said text i can honestly say i nearly wet myself laughing in work.

ROFLCOPTER indeed!

Not funny! You're not allowed laugh at my misfortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Dinxminx, use the I have a boyfriend line. It works everytime. Even if they don't believe you they can't really argue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Dragan wrote: »

ROFLCOPTER indeed!

Post it....you know you want to......:D
    Clare Bear wrote: »
    Well what's the difference between someone coming up to you in a pub or a shopping centre? In a pub it's fine but in a shop you're a weirdo?

Either way if he's hot and seems nice I'd give him my number. That's happened to me on trains before with guys but it was after we'd had a bit of a conversation first so not quite a complete stranger at that stage.

A friend of mine met his girlfriend in Stephen's Green. She was sitting on the grass, just chilling with her mates and he thought she had a lovely smile and just went for it and asked her out. 3 years later and they're very happy together. So why not.

Agreed, I've had girls (and i'm not saying women fall over me! :P) approach me in a similar manner, I've always obliged. Even if I wasn't really attracted to them, you know her friends are standing less than 10yds away watching intently, I wouldn't want to embarrass a girl like that after having the courage to come over, it's not an easy thing to do for anyone!

Clare Bear wrote: »

I guess it comes down to how its done. I think a lot of girls are too familiar with the you're hot can i have your phone number line.

Would you fancy playing him at his own game?
    See how he handles it? :D

Post it....you know you want to......:D

PM sent.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Would you fancy playing him at his own game?
    See how he handles it? :D

And send him a rhyming message of my own? I just choked on my milk.. :eek:

• Advertisement

Pm me too!

Advertisement