Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this freak you out ladies?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Dinxminx wrote: »
    PM sent.

Reported for favouritism :D

Just kidding :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

And send him a rhyming message of my own? I just choked on my milk.. :eek:

I just have to say, your kind of weird, with your ryhme texts and little beard, i don't think you'll be surprised to see, the words "stay the **** away from me!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

stovelid wrote: »
    The staring-at-girl's-chests rule applies:

If they think you are hot: not a weirdo. If not: weirdo.

What he said. If the guy looked like this guy:
    ryan.jpg
    then number given. However, if he looked like say this guy:
    hairy_hairy_man1.jpg

Probably not gonna happen. But ! There is the ordinary decent guy in between who loses out.

I used to live in the US & it's perfectly acceptable to ask for someone's number (& have them give it) & then meet for a coffee date (an hour max), then follow that up with something more serious. too much emphasis is put on "go for a drink" or "go for a meal" or anything else. Grab a latte first, that works out, then go for something longer.

without engaging bragging mode or anything, my wife is stunning looking (I think she's got better with age), I'm no Ryan Gosling/Patrick Dempsey/Russel Crowe (Delete where applicable). But I did have the balls to ask her out (from a group of friends she was with) & she really appreciated that...

Dragan wrote: »
    I just have to say, your kind of weird, with your ryhme texts and little beard, i don't think you'll be surprised to see, the words "stay the **** away from me!"

Bravo! <Insert round of applause smiley here> :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a pm too!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

I used to stand outside Assests models on Leeson Street one day every week, for a year and ask every girl that came out would she "like to come to my house... I have sweets and stuff". Until the police stopped me doing it, why? I was just being nice.

Nah seriously though, you can do this without making yourself look like a weirdo if you dont ask the question so straight out. Youre going in saying 'question one... blah blah... *ignoring the rest of the group* I think youre gorgeous can I have your number?'... Its all to fast, youre still a stranger and potential stalker in her eyes. Go in, talk to the whole group, show them youre not a weirdo, be funny, ask their opinion on some things, gradually direct your conversation away from the girl you like, charm her friends - the way to a girls heart is to get her friends to like you - then spin the conversation back onto the one you like, seperate her from the group, compliment her, then ask her for her number.

I used to do this a lot, it takes practice. It helps if it seems like youre selling something to start with surprisingly because once theyre stuck in the conversation theyre waiting for you to bring up the product, then one of them will usually say 'what are you trying to sell?' or something similar and you can just say 'what? youre very cynical, I'm just a chatty bloke!' then they realise how much balls you have and see you in a different light... once you get it right once you realise its not all that difficult, its flattering for women I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

PMs sent to LolaDub, Trinity and Moonbaby!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Hahahahaha bravo! I think you already know I would never send that to someone... :p

Hilarious though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

gwan... hit me with a PM. pwitty pweeze.

PMs sent to LolaDub, Trinity and Moonbaby!

Thank you :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Dinxminx

send him this

You stopped me on the street
    I wasn't thinking on my feet

If I had been at the time
    I would have said go away you slime

If you still haven't got the jist
    i wouldn't even if I was p*ssed!

Legendary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

iMax wrote: »
    ryan.jpg
    hairy_hairy_man1.jpg

quote]

O. SWEET. DIVINE.LORD.I am going to be sick......

Manuka you did say you liked them hairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Dinxminx, I haven't seen what he texted you but send him this:

One day while walking on the street
    I got a big surprise
    You interrupt my daily chores
    With "that look" in your eyes

I gave my digits far too quick
    (I realised too late)
    The texts are coming thick and fast
    The rhyming isn't great

"Why can't I grow a pair?" I thought
    "I hope this pleading stops"
    So f*** off and quit texting
    Or I'll call the bleedin' cops!

:D

ryan.jpg
    hairy_hairy_man1.jpg

quote]

O. SWEET. DIVINE.LORD.I am going to be sick......

Is that a mohair jumper :D

LolaDub wrote: »
    Manuka you did say you liked them hairy!

Not hairy backs and shoulders tho, or the jumper effect!!

I even have a thread on the subject!!!

Not hairy backs and shoulders tho, or the jumper effect!!

I even have a thread on the subject!!!

Why so picky!

LolaDub wrote: »
    Why so picky!

Hairy shoulders and backs???? ugggggh; major major turnoff for me!!

Bad experience when i was younger....*shudder*

Lol! More story time tell tell tell!!!

A friend of mine started going out with a guy a few years ago and showed her family a photo of them, her father says thats a funny sort of jumper he's wearing...she had to break it to him that that was his arm and he really was that hairy!!!

• Advertisement

Cathooo wrote: »
    I'd think you were taking the piss or trying to sell me something

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I'd dig it, as long as I felt there could be chemistry with the guy. So he'd have to be confident, attractive, and not outwardly seem to be any sort of creeper. I'd make sure the first date was in a very public place, though. But yeah, that could be very hot.

I used to live in the US & it's perfectly acceptable to ask for someone's number (& have them give it) & then meet for a coffee date (an hour max), then follow that up with something more serious. too much emphasis is put on "go for a drink" or "go for a meal" or anything else. Grab a latte first, that works out, then go for something longer.

So that isn't common in Ireland? How do people get together then? Could be difficult. Also, is it common at all in Ireland for women to ask men out?

PillyPen wrote: »
    So that isn't common in Ireland? How do people get together then? Could be difficult. Also, is it common at all in Ireland for women to ask men out?

No it's not that common at all in Ireland to approach people in the street

As for women asking men out - did it once and will never ever do it again!!

Yikes. What about at a club or something?

Yes clubs are fine

Also pubs

Also the photocopier...

Really theres lots of places just not cold calling as it were;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

PillyPen wrote: »

Not common at all by my experience (I'm Irish BTW), USA was just for a while, but it did open my eyes to how "backward at coming forward" we are here.

I've been asked out once by a woman. It was incredibly flattering & inspiring & allround great for it to happen, I was married by then so I had to turn her down. If I'd been single I would have jumped at it, she was incredibly cute (& as I mentioned before, I wouldn't class myself as an amazing looking guy (I'm ok though) ;)

I have found though that more women flirt with you when you 're married, what's that all about then ?

I have found though that more women flirt with you when you 're married, what's that all about then ?

Ha, I have no idea, but there was a Seinfeld episode where George started wearing a wedding ring to get more chicks. I'd never date a married guy if for no other reason than I'd be petrified of karma biting me in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've also found that women are more forward in talking to you.

Could be wrong - I've haven't tested it out - but my feeling is that they might just feel more relaxed talking or flirting with a man with a wedding ring because there is less chance of it being interpreted as a real come-on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I was married by then so I had to turn her down.

How romantic! Not "I was in love with my wife so I turned her down"

This is why I think married men are a turn-off. The attitude is that they would get into trouble if they cheated, rather than they actually don't want to :rolleyes:

Advertisement