Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainreactioncycles delivery delayed due to weather

Options
  • 20-08-2008 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Anybody elses order from chainreactioncycles delayed at the moment? I ordered stuff last Friday(15/08/2008) and it still hasn't been packaged for delivery.

I emailed them and they are blaming weather conditions but one would imagine that they would have at least picked my order even if they couldn't deliver it. The status on my order is appearing as "This order is being processed and may not be changed online"

To be honest, I'm getting pissed off waiting now and I might tell them to stick it and I'll get the stuff with wiggle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I have an order that's 'Processing' since Monday. I mailed them also and they replied right away and said there was a delay picking up parcels but that it's sorted now. In fairness, I've ordered several times from them and never had a problem, and the weather has been pretty extreme lately.

Edit: If it's in the 'Processing' state, it doesn't necessarily mean they haven't picked the order. It goes to 'Complete' once it has been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

This is my first time ordering from them. I'm just confused as to how the weather is effecting them at least boxing my order ready for despatch. I've emailed them asking to cancel my order anyway.
    Yeh the weather is a bit extreme alright...I've ordered a waterproof jacket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Their location was badly hit by the floods and I guess staff compliment was down over Friday and the start of the week. As well as that, I was up there a week ago and they are undergoing a massive extension to their already massive premises. I'm sure with the rain the site will have been a complete quagmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

fletch wrote: »
    This is my first time ordering from them. I'm just confused as to how the weather is effecting them at least boxing my order ready for despatch. I've emailed them asking to cancel my order anyway.
    Yeh the weather is a bit extreme alright...I've ordered a waterproof jacket :)

CRC are normally very quick to dispatch but can be a bit shoddy with answering enquiries. Last week I received the wrong rims from them on monday. Posted them back on Monday lunchtime and had the replacements and postage refunded on Thursday morning.

I would have been patient with them personally given that the flooding in the north has been a magnitude above anything we've seen down here in the last fortnight. Loads of people are dealing with flooded homes and I'm sure CRC staff are no different.

Advertisement