Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest bank for online banking?

• 20-08-2008 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, i just opened an account at the Bank of Ireland.
    When i want to tranfer money, i first need to add a beneficiary, and wait a week for a letter to activate it..

Is there an irish online bank where you can tranfer money directly to whoever you want to? Does IAB have this option?

In the netherlands you have about 7 banks and none of them had beneficiary activation.. It would pretty suck if you want to buy something in an online shop an have to wait a week.. Than the whole advantage of internet shops is gone..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

Certainly there are plenty of banks that provide this capability, although I cant speak for AIB. It seems that you are Dutch - how about RaboDirect? Money transferred from an account with them in the morning is usually in the recipients account by the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

RaboDirect is fine for savings - not so good for day-to-day banking and transfers abroad (which is what I'm guessing pim is doing)

AIB certainly do it, as do NIB - I can't speak for BOI.

I don't believe you can do such transfers with PTSB's online banking, and from setting up a domestic transfer with them to have online for futire it can be quite a hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

AIB should do the job for you. Have a look at their demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I have to say that I'm very happy with AIB Internet banking overall but especially with transfering money, anytime i transfer money its usually with the reciepant the next day at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pim

Thanx for the replies!! I think i'm gonna try out AIB then:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement