Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdos on the bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

LolaDub wrote: »
    Are you the crazy knitting lady who screams at students?

;)

Fame! I promise i won't let it go to my head, and i'll always remember the little people here at boards.ie once i've ascended to the top of the league of Crazy People on the Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Was on a bus from Galway to Dublin a couple of years ago. We were about an hour away and there were only a handful of others remaining on the bus. I was minding my own business, earphones in, when suddenly I felt a brushing on my shoulder. Turned around. There was a man (scrawny. small. moustached. greasy. sleazy-looking) sitting behind me just staring at me. Gave him a "what the hell are you doing?!" look and turned back around. He did the same thing again. I ignored it this time and he stopped...for about five minutes and then he did it again. Except this time he actually groped my, ahem, chest. So basically I sat there, got groped numerous times, removed his hand each time, threw him some serious daggers but he just wouldn't stop. Until eventually I could take it no more and I just turned around and yelled "Stop it! Please!" Each time I looked at him he was just sitting there, motionless, staring at me, staring through me even. It was really creepy! Needless to say, when the bus stopped at O'Connell bridge I was first off! Legged it up O'Connell St. SO FAST to get my bus home from town...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭ElvisP

whiskeyman wrote: »
    A few years ago out in Blanch, I met this caring girl at a bus stop.
    I was having an angina attack at the time...

outstanding!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭ElvisP

mental07 wrote: »
    Was on a bus from Galway to Dublin a couple of years ago. We were about an hour away and there were only a handful of others remaining on the bus. I was minding my own business, earphones in, when suddenly I felt a brushing on my shoulder. Turned around. There was a man (scrawny. small. moustached. greasy. sleazy-looking) sitting behind me just staring at me. Gave him a "what the hell are you doing?!" look and turned back around. He did the same thing again. I ignored it this time and he stopped...for about five minutes and then he did it again. Except this time he actually groped my, ahem, chest. So basically I sat there, got groped numerous times, removed his hand each time, threw him some serious daggers but he just wouldn't stop. Until eventually I could take it no more and I just turned around and yelled "Stop it! Please!" Each time I looked at him he was just sitting there, motionless, staring at me, staring through me even. It was really creepy! Needless to say, when the bus stopped at O'Connell bridge I was first off! Legged it up O'Connell St. SO FAST to get my bus home from town...

www.Urban-dating-website.ie

You:- any girl on galway to dublin bus

Me:- scrawny. small. moustached. greasy. sleazy-looking, looking for lurve

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm a bit of a weirdo magnet on buses and darts as well... Usually they're pretty harmless, old ladies telling me about their cats or whatever. I have long since learned that reading a book on the Nitelink is a surefire way to get some guy talking to you, they seem to see it as a talking point. Not that I take it as a compliment, obviously they failed to score while out and I am a last-ditch attempt while on the bus home.
    Anyway, there's only been two incidents that have seriously creeped me out. Once I was sitting on the top deck of a bus, and two middle-aged men sat in the seat behind me. One was clearly off his face, and the other was trying to humour him and get him home in one piece. Anyway, the drunk guy was talking complete rubbish and giving out about the gov-dern-ment and all the usual stuff, when he suddenly said really angrily "There's a girl with blonde hair sitting in front of me" The other one was like "Ah Jim, leave her alone, she isn't bothering you" He started getting into a rant about "Dem blonde bitches" The friend was telling him you can't pull people's hair on buses, which is evidently what he was about to do to me, so I got up and moved downstairs. They didn't see me sitting downstairs when they got off the bus. I must have looked a bit freaked out cos the lady I sat beside downstairs asked me if I was alright.
    The other time was actually on the dart - a guy covered in blood sat down in the group of seats across the aisle from me. He had a scrunched beer can in his hand and that was covered in blood as well. For no reason at all he started yelling at the guy opposite him, saying what the hell was he looking at, and that he'd smash his face in... I've never seen so many people move carriages at once, I guess that's one luxury you get on the dart that you don't get on buses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I met a wierdo on the bus before....except he was the driver!!! I got on the wrong bus in Dublin city centre, to get away from a drunk homeless guy who was hassling me at the stop. I told the driver I'd get off at the next stop in order to get the right bus. He insisted that I'd be ok on that one. As the route came closer to the end, the bus emptied until it was me and the driver. He took the empty bus and drove it to my house to make sure I got home ok. I was not interested in him in anyway and I didnt give him any reason to believe I was. In fact I was a tad freaked. He called up to my house a week later to ask me out! After that I was completely freaked. I was very wary of bus drivers for a long time after that.

Heading back to NYC from the bowels of middle America on an excruitiatingly long greyhound coach trip.
    I'd exhausted all my people skills on the ordinary garden variety of public transport characters.
    I'd learnt a valuable lesson about engaging with jesus lovers on a mission. I'd feigned interest in the supposed Irish origins of the great-great-ancestors of the entire middle section of the bus. And I'd disappointed a toothless Amish man on a mission to find a robust wife with my workshy ways.
    I was hungary. I am not a good hungary person.
    So when it came to the final tranfer, I decided to get cute.
    Instead of chosing an empty seat and leaving my fate in the hands of the gods.
    I decided to look for the skinniest (breathing space), moodiest , most uncommunicative looking fecker I could find.
    I settled on a chinese man, and was delighted when he turned his back to me as I sat down.
    They turned the lights down low, and off I drifted to the land of nod.
    At this point I should probably point out that I make a point of not sleeping in public.
    I have a tendancy to talk in my sleep and I don't say nice things.:o
    But I slept throughly, until the rising sun started to worry at the sleep in my eyes.
    I tried my best to stay suspended there in that warm comfortable place between both worlds.
    Until I realised that I shouldn't be warm.
    I rocketed to my senses to find myself indecently assaulting the chinese man! And judging from the residual heat I'd been doing it for quite a while.:eek:
    I saw his eyes flutter and I realised that he was awake and aware of the situation.
    I extracated myself and he pretended to sleep for the rest of the journey while I blushed furiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've had to deal with quite a few weirdos in my time...

- When I was 15, I was waiting for a bus to Rathfarnham and an African guy started talking to me - 10 minutes later he'd asked me to marry him, to be his third wife...

- Another night on a 49 coming home from the city centre, a guy sat next to me, he was moving weirdly... then he took his cock out and started whacking off...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

cuckoo wrote: »
    Fame! I promise i won't let it go to my head, and i'll always remember the little people here at boards.ie once i've ascended to the top of the league of Crazy People on the Bus.

Thats quite the league to get to the top of!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Wow. Didn't realise the bus was such a haven for freaks. An ex told me once that when she was about 13 or 14 she used to get the odd dirty old man perving on her on the bus but I didn't think it was so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I meet a lot of weirdos on the bus, male and female alike. One of the more bizarre stories I have is once on a bus home sat across from a girl no older than 16. The poor girl was mentally impaired or something but not to the extent to require accompaniment on the trip. Bus pulls off and she is staring at me menacingly. I look away, read my book still aware she is gawking at me. She then gets angry and spits across some obscenites "Fck you b!tch" and other expletives.. Like she had a bad dose of tourettes. Now at this point the whole bus is listening as she continues ranting about how I "must think I am so pretty with my fancy clothes":confused: Just outta work in a suit.. Between her swearing and ranting at me I don't know where to look! Bus driver is helpless. I'm mortified and slightly offended by her foul mouth but choose to ignore it for the rest of the trip til she got bored. Never so happy to see the station in my life..

Another time I got stuck beside a foreign dude who had a bad stomach and spent the trip gagging as he puked into a plastic bag 4.5hrs to Dublin! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

One morning on the way to work I had an offer of a blow job from an 11 year old school girl. You wouldn't mind, but I was in female company and had no need for such offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Arrrgh! I too have a weirdo magnet.

The 'life story' ones are pretty harmless most of the time, the tourists are ok as long as the conversation sticks to landmarks and museums and away from 'can i stay on your couch?', the smokers put out the cigarette/joint 99% of the time when asked nicely, the religious conversion types are what they are (the mormons are scarily polite)......my main problem is with the silent masses who do nothing when they see someone being bothered.

I can remember a few randy goats trying to stroke my leg/hair when i was younger (i must have lost my looks - nobodies tried anything on the bus for ages), and not a soul lifting a finger around me as i loudly said "stop touching me/take your hands off me" and moved away from them.

Am i crazy in asking the smokers to stop, the pervs to keep their hands to themselves and the spanish teenagers to stop screaming across the bus to each other? Because, if i see nobody else objecting to this, then i'm the one behaving out of kilter and away from the norm.

(note, i'm not a loony vigilante type with a death wish, i don't get in people's faces, and i wouldn't say things usually if the person is between me and the stairs)

On a happier loony bus people note, i knit a lot on long-ish Dublin Bus journeys, and lots of times haven't noticed the person sitting beside/behind me staring fascinated at it, but have been told a good few times by people that "my mother used to knit, it was nice to watch someone doing it again".
    Somebody needs to tell em whats what. Id be too cowardly for that,hate confrontation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Alessandra wrote: »
    I meet a lot of weirdos on the bus, male and female alike. One of the more bizarre stories I have is once on a bus home sat across from a girl no older than 16. The poor girl was mentally impaired or something but not to the extent to require accompaniment on the trip. Bus pulls off and she is staring at me menacingly. I look away, read my book still aware she is gawking at me. She then gets angry and spits across some obscenites "Fck you b!tch" and other expletives.. Like she had a bad dose of tourettes. Now at this point the whole bus is listening as she continues ranting about how I "must think I am so pretty with my fancy clothes":confused: Just outta work in a suit.. Between her swearing and ranting at me I don't know where to look! Bus driver is helpless. I'm mortified and slightly offended by her foul mouth but choose to ignore it for the rest of the trip til she got bored. Never so happy to see the station in my life..
    If this was around D9/11 and she had Downs syndrome I know who it was, she's pretty infamous for it in the area so it wasn't anything against you. Seriously you can't even come within visual range of her but she goes off and starts cursing and swearing and will make threats and threatening gestures... A VERY angry young woman.:(

Phlann wrote: »
    Wow. Didn't realise the bus was such a haven for freaks.
    :confused:
    Have you never heard the childrens song about it?:confused:
    "The weirdos on the bus go on and on,
    on and on,
    on and on.
    The weirdos on the bus go on and on,
    all through the town."
    :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On a happier loony bus people note, i knit a lot on long-ish Dublin Bus journeys, and lots of times haven't noticed the person sitting beside/behind me staring fascinated at it, but have been told a good few times by people that "my mother used to knit, it was nice to watch someone doing it again".

My mother used to knit all the time when she was on the bus. One day she took out her needles and continued on with knitting a green jumper. The old lady beside her turned to my mother and said "It's nothing personal, but green is bad luck so I have to change seats" and got up and sat elsewhere. My mother used to be a magnet for weirdos on the bus, if there was one about they'd nearly always sit beside her.

Zaph wrote: »
    My mother used to knit all the time when she was on the bus. One day she took out her needles and continued on with knitting a green jumper. The old lady beside her turned to my mother and said "It's nothing personal, but green is bad luck so I have to change seats" and got up and sat elsewhere. My mother used to be a magnet for weirdos on the bus, if there was one about they'd nearly always sit beside her.

But that is true.:confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moonbaby wrote: »
    But that is true.:confused:

No it's not, superstitions are irrational and silly. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I rocketed to my senses to find myself indecently assaulting the chinese man! And judging from the residual heat I'd been doing it for quite a while.:eek:
    I saw his eyes flutter and I realised that he was awake and aware of the situation.
    I extracated myself and he pretended to sleep for the rest of the journey while I blushed furiously.

We have a winner! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Zzippy wrote: »

I'm still waiting for the post by a Chinese lad about the day some young girl molested him while on the bus.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Zzippy wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Heading back to NYC from the bowels of middle America on an excruitiatingly long greyhound coach trip.
    I decided to look for the skinniest (breathing space), moodiest , most uncommunicative looking fecker I could find.
    I settled on a chinese man, and was delighted when he turned his back to me as I sat down.
    They turned the lights down low, and off I drifted to the land of nod.
    At this point I should probably point out that I make a point of not sleeping in public.
    I have a tendancy to talk in my sleep and I don't say nice things.:o
    But I slept throughly, until the rising sun started to worry at the sleep in my eyes.
    I tried my best to stay suspended there in that warm comfortable place between both worlds.
    Until I realised that I shouldn't be warm.

was there not an incident recently involving a greyhound bus in north america, a chinese man and a man sleeping beside him..... and the loss of a head!!!!!! Guess the headless guy wasn't as friendly as you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

My son was on the luas on some mad fella was eyeing up my sons toblerone and he was locked and he wouldnt leave anybody alone.Cause he was annoying everybody about something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hope toblerone isn't a euphemism there...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Not the bus, but a couple of weeks ago on the Luas I was sitting, dozing with my head against the glass when this homeless man came and stood right in front of me. Suddenly, apropos of nothing, he kicked me hard in the shin. When I stared at him, he yelled "MUSEUM!"

"What?" I asked.
    "MUSEUM!" he yelled again.
    He kicked me again and I glared at him.

"ARE YOU GETTING OFF AT MUSEUM!??"
    I shook my head at him and moved my legs to the side.

He got off at the next stop.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

mental07 wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm laughing at my desk and everyone now thinks I'm crazy! Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I hope toblerone isn't a euphemism there...
    God i never thought of that,i hope so too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ok, im from the sticks so the whole train/bus thing is sort of lost on me.....always a few oddballs on the train to Dublin though.

Had this eejit sit opposite me with his friend and try to get my attention. The more he tried to get my attention the more engrossed i became in my book, until eventually he SAT on my legs(i had them up on the seat opposite)!!!!!!!

He was getting off in Tullamore and insisted i gave him my number and took his before he got off the train.

The doors were closing and he wasn't getting off. Harrassed me until we got to Clara for my number, eventually i succumbed, cos he was cute, cos i felt bad he'd missed his stop, and cos, admittedly, i was oddly flattered by his efforts!!

Anyway, he turned out to be a lot younger than he looked, he was only 20, so i didnt keep contact with him after that....feckin gas tho.

We had a fella on our skool bus years ago that used to set girls hair on fire tho:eek:, and take the tapes(yes, back in the day!!) out of ppls walkmans and fcuk them out the window...he also pulled the stuffing out of the seats every so often.....strange chap really thinking back on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Rozabeez wrote: »
    There's one guy who practically lives on the 66 bus, he's small, old, grunts and growls to himself, and scratches his little baldy head til it bleeds.

I know the guy you're on about. He argues with himself alot too shouting 'ahhh he was a ****ing ****... a ****ing **** I would have killed him' etc... severe split personality disorder methinks.

He used to be on the 66 alot when I'd be visiting friends in Maynooth. Thankfully I leave nearer the train line now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

If somebody kicked me in the shin, or stroked my hair, they'd be getting a slap upside the head at least.
    Maybe that reflects my status as dodgy northsider though. You people are way too nice!

I usually get the 27, which is a bit dodgy but the worst I had was some junkie getting me to spell stuff on their phone for them. Quite nice really. And lots of old women telling me bizarre stories.

Advertisement