Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdos on the bus

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

One night about 4 years ago was on my way home from work, was sitting talking to my mate not paying any attention when this guy gets on the bus screaming at the bus driver "CAN I GET ON THE BUS??? CAN I???" It took me a few seconds to twig, he was completely in the nude :eek: It was a female bus driver as well, she just sat there flabbergasted. He eventually got off and she pulled away. There was no sign of the guy, we eventually spotted him in a parked car putting his clothes back on and some guy was sitting there with a video camera in his hand! Must have been some sort of bet/forfeit.

There is also a guy who insists on sitting beside me in the morning on the bus, even if there are like 10 other double seats free It drives me mental, because he smells awful and sometimes its that bad it makes me want to physically heave. Not really weird, but very annoying.

EDIT: Was on the 49 before and there was a woman sitting across from me eating a packet of King crisps but not using her fingers, she just shoved her whole face in the bag, and then would throw her head back like a duck eating, munch the crisps then do it again. It was very strange, I mean her hands worked properly, she was texting a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I usually get the 27, which is a bit dodgy but the worst I had was some junkie getting me to spell stuff on their phone for them. Quite nice really. And lots of old women telling me bizarre stories.

Ah the 27. I once saw a woman change her babies nappie on the lower floor of the bus. Worst of all she used an empty bag of Tayto to wipe the babies bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Sounds like the 27 alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Speaking of baby stuff on the bus... there's a woman gets my bus that breastfeeds every time she gets on the bus (like everytime im on the bus and she's on it aswel.. i cant speak for all her bus journeys..) Right fine, breastfeedings natural and all that but firstly, the child she's breastfeeding cant be younger than 5 y.o. and secondly she leaves her boobs hanging out after she feeds like she wants them to cool off or something... was interesting bringing my wee cousin on a bus for the first time and there's yer wan hanging out...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There was a woman on the bus before who was mentally not all there. She kept accusing everyone who sat down beside her of wanting to rape her. They'd get up and sit somewhere else, but then someone else would get on and it would happen again. Was absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

Was on the bus one day with a friend and sat down the back as there were only about ten people sitting down...a few seats ahead of us was the crazy guy who started roaring at us sayin he was going to stab us and stand over us and watch us bleed to death..saying noone would ever find our bodies...needless to say we were terrified and moved to top of the bus and he continued shouting about how he would take his knife out and slit throats...we prayed for the bus driver to stop and get rid of him but he got off at next stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

The 150 is a veritable mental asylum these days
    On the way back from a concert in Temple Bar once me and my friend sat at the front. This guy gets on, starts talking about the concert, then asks us to check out his daughter (gave us her number and bebo), starts telling us how we're great guys and how a lady would be lucky to have us (never met the guy before)
    Another guy spat on my neck before. I turned around and he just said ''ich kann nicht englisch sprechen''. So, as I speak German, I asked him why he spat at me and called him a twat in german. And then he just walked away...
    And then another time a girl just broke down in tears in front of me...really upsetting, as she just was crying... not begging for money or help or anything...
    I still love the 150 though :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Getting the bus home from Drumcondra, I think the 11, one woman got on and sat down and every so often would start screaming, shaking her head everywhere and then settle down again...then start muttering away to herself and again, scream and shake her head and then settl...etc.

Once on the 51B, a random lad who turned out to be a boxer eyeballed a 9 yr old stranger because one of them slagged another 9 year old they knew :eek:

That's before I go onto the 77 group..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

dfx- wrote: »
    Getting the bus home from Drumcondra, I think the 11, one woman got on and sat down and every so often would start screaming, shaking her head everywhere and then settle down again...then start muttering away to herself and again, scream and shake her head and then settl...etc.

I was going to post about her! If it's the same person she gets the 19/19A as well - screams/mutters and bites her hands:eek:. Another time on the 19/19A I can't remember if it was the same aul one, the bus is stuck in croker traffic so it's crawling home, she's muttering to herself the whole time saying 'the judge said you should never harm children" then in a different voice 'yes that's right you should never harm a child" over and over again.:eek:

A friend of mine was getting hassled one time on the nitelink (she was sitting in the higher seats over the wheels) by some guy so takes her phone out to pretend he's busy. He tried tries to take the phone off her so tells him to fcuk off and pushes him away only the guy slides out of the seat onto the floor. The bus driver stops asks whats going on and a woman says 'he's been bothering that girl since we left town' (20 mins or so) the driver opens the side door and throws the guy out. :pac:

dfx- wrote: »

That's before I go onto the 77 group..

the 77 and 77a are the bane of my life too.
    Lets not even start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Myself and my girlfriend live in London and being paupers, we usually take the bus home to Dublin and back.

On one particular occasion we had the misfortune to sit behind a rather rotund one legged, diabetic, gentleman who's foghorn like voice could only be described as being of the "Quavery high pitched, rural child molester" type. All was well until we reached our final break. He exited the bus and returned to find that his phone had disappeared. At this point he began to scream at the top of his creepy voice "I only have one leg"and "I'm a diabetic. I have to eat. Constantly." Also "I have to drink sugary drinks. Constantly."

A man a couple of seats back told him that he had seen his phone left on the seat when we were all getting off the bus. Long John Silver goes feckin' mental at the man for not picking up the phone and minding it for him. Cue more shouting about only having one leg.

Then the bus driver had to get involved. He said he would let the man use his phone when we got to London cos the guy needed to ring his brother to get a lift. Guy goes even more mental - "My brother is a wanted man" he screams, "he's not going to answer the phone if it's not my number." Then he throws himself down on the ground and starts scrabbling around under the seats to look for the phone. My girlfriend tells him to calm down and that we had already looked there at which point he starts punching her in the leg while screeching "where did you put it? Where's my phone?"

Never did I think I would face the dilemma of wondering whether it was okay to hit a one legged diabetic man. I did not for fear that popular opinion would turn against me terribly and also because it was 5am and nobody was really thinking straight.

He eventually calmed down - until ten minutes down the road when he started talking to the bus driver.

Driver - "Sorry man I can't really chat now, I need to concentrate on the road."
    Diabetic - "Oh yeah anyway" and on he would go.

This happened about six times before the guy starts getting riled up and starts abusing the bus driver.

Diabetic - Sure you can't even drive the bus.

Driver screeches to a halt - "What did you say?...Well...well... what did you say? Can I or can I not drive the bus? Eh? Eh?"

Twas madness indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I thought the 150 was a nice bus!! On the 54a once before a handicapped boy threw a bottle of water on my backside when i stood up to get off and starting shouting you've wet yourself!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You really do get some, erm, special people on buses to Tallaght.

The tallaght buses are something else! I'm in templeogue so i get to run off after about 20 mins Thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm in Firhouse, so it's a bit further away - but at least I don't have to get the 77! You do get some prize tards on the 49 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

LolaDub wrote: »
    I thought the 150 was a nice bus!! On the 54a once before a handicapped boy threw a bottle of water on my backside when i stood up to get off and starting shouting you've wet yourself!!!:o

Hehehe ok ok you win the Internet!

Well I mean the 150 makes any of the Tallaght buses look like a Royal Carriage. Most of the crazy ones get off in the Barn or at the Black Horse, and if you're upstairas ya miss em :(

I always try to sit downstairs now in case i need to leg it or move up to the driver. in fairness the handicapped kid wasn't a weirdo probably it was just an odd thing. And having to leave the bus and walk home with a massive wet patch down my ass wasn't the most lovely of days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I always try to sit downstairs now in case i need to leg it or move up to the driver. in fairness the handicapped kid wasn't a weirdo probably it was just an odd thing. And having to leave the bus and walk home with a massive wet patch down my ass wasn't the most lovely of days

I'm surprised you didn't attract even more weirdos walking down home with said wet patch tbh.

I know its a sexy picture but they managed to keep it in their pants Thank God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I grew up in Ballyfermot, I really can't believe the 78A isn't metioned on this tread. I always find it interesting to watch peoples reaction to addicts and their behaviour on buses. I'm somewhat immune to it as I work in a treatment facility, but if your not used to it its interesting to watch peoples reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Trinity1 wrote: »
    When i was younger an old man tried to feel my boob and put his hand on my leg on the bus. I was shaking and crying when i got home. I blamed myself as i said he looked a bit lilke sean connery. I certainly was not chatting him up but he obviously got the wrong idea! I do not tell people who they look like anymore :D

Completely off-topic, but that reminds me so much of the story when Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne met Sean Connery. Gazza shook his hand and turned around to his mate and said "Imagine how many tits that hand has been on!"

Hmm, maybe that was Sean Connery!

Odysseus wrote: »
    I grew up in Ballyfermot, I really can't believe the 78A isn't metioned on this tread. I always find it interesting to watch peoples reaction to addicts and their behaviour on buses. I'm somewhat immune to it as I work in a treatment facility, but if your not used to it its interesting to watch peoples reactions.
    ...the 18 is nearly as bad
    My abiding memory of the 78A will always be the junkies down the back. ALWAYS there.

Advertisement