Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found 6 grand in a bag

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

my house mate was out running near the Dolphins Barn area about 9.30 last night and found a baclpack with nearly 6g's and a small quantity of class A substances. now i think he should keep it but he's starting to be p-ussy and is considering handing it in, in case there are any reprecussions. i think the spineless wonder should keep it and just shut the fock up about it. Am i wrong?....its most likely drug money anyway so whatever scumbucket lost it deserves it!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Pics or GTFO....

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

reminds me of a movie - ahhhh what was it called ??? they found money, or drugs and ended up geting the sh1te bet out of them.......this will bug me for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

PCB wrote: »
    my house mate was out running near the Dolphins Barn area about 9.30 last night and found a baclpack with nearly 6g's and a small quantity of class A substances. now i think he should keep it but he's starting to be p-ussy and is considering handing it in, in case there are any reprecussions. i think the spineless wonder should keep it and just shut the fock up about it. Am i wrong?....its most likely drug money anyway so whatever scumbucket lost it deserves it!!
    As much as I'd like to say something along the lines of "hand it in" and look like a do gooder if I found it and no one had seen me I would keep it myself, would give some to a decent charity to feel good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I want my bag back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

i think the spineless wonder should keep it and just shut the fock up about it.

So he told you, then you go on a public forum and tell the world.....hmmm.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What if the "scumbucket" puts the word out that he's down 6g's as well as some of his merchandise? And eventually traces it back to your mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

keep the money sell the drugs get more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I would hand it in. Would I be tempted to keep it, of course I would. But it is the right thing to do, and you never know, could help the cops catch some dealer around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ill happily take it off him if he doesnt want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*Starts going through PCBs posts so I can find out who he is and get my stuff back*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DonalN wrote: »
    reminds me of a movie - ahhhh what was it called ??? they found money, or drugs and ended up geting the sh1te bet out of them.......this will bug me for a while...

A Simple Plan? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭PCB

was that not a film about some guy in jersey who found a mill that fell out the back of a truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

A simple Plan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

What's wrong with going to a garda station and saying

"Excuse me, but I was out running and a found a backpack. I decided to look in to see if there was any address or info so I could safely return said bag to owner. But to absolute horror, I found a small quantity of drugs and a wad of cash that adds up to €1,000. I had considered keeping it, but thought this was the best thing to do, morally."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

keep the money, sell the drugs and move. the guy who lost the bag in the first place is likely to get killed for losing it and its gonna be hard trace the bag back to your mate.

problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There was a very similar thread a few months back, but this time the money and drugs were found in Phibsboro!.

But 'tis a good story anyway, taken with a very large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

BS story or else OP is an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If I didn't hand it in, I wouldn't be able to sleep for fearing the gunshot thorugh the window....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

was that not a film about some guy in jersey who found a mill that fell out the back of a truck?

Money for Nothing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Keep the money. Had he been seen I'm guessing he would have been stopped there and then. As long as he isn't around that area too often (ie. doesn't live there) then chances are he won't be found. Give some money to NA for karma, then go crazy!
    There was a very similar thread a few months back, but this time the money and drugs were found in Phibsboro!.

But 'tis a good story anyway.

That the one where some guy found the money in his apartment?

Also OP, take a picture of the money so we can see you're not lying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I'll take the class A stuff off your hands so you don't get in trouble if you're cought with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Why did your mate look in it in the first place??

"Oh look a bag on the road that isn't mine, ya know what, i'm gonna be a nosey f*cker and look inside.... HOLY SH*T, i'm rich, moderately rich, I can rent anything I want...."

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

javaboy wrote: »
    A Simple Plan? ;)

actually, the one I was thinking about was Shallow Grave, but I think you're one fits the description better...

padi89 wrote: »
    So he told you, then you go on a public forum and tell the world.....hmmm.;)

well you're a real brainiac aren't ya? so you think some scumbag from DOlphins Barn or wherever the fock is gonna figure out who i am and where i live from this forum because he is some sort of super scumbag scientist who can pinpoint my place on the earth from my IP address. you are a muppet...no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

If i were you, I'd have a good luck at my life and wonder why lying about a wished up situation on an internet forums seems to be something that interests you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

IF your mate hands its in hes a poof ! What you need to do is.

1. Take money and book flights to the dam for himself and you.
    2. Set up a PO/holding box over there and mail all the class A's over there.
    3. ?????
    4. PROFIT !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be honest, this really is an easy question.

DonalN wrote: »
    actually, the one I was thinking about was Shallow Grave, but I think you're one fits the description better...

The old "Find some money. Keep it. Things turn to sh1t." plot seems to be common enough alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

hand in the bag with 2g in it and keep the rest as "commission" for being a good citizen etc.

• Advertisement

cance wrote: »
    If i were you, I'd have a good luck at my life and wonder why lying about a wished up situation on an internet forums seems to be something that interests you.

thanks for your 2 cents you muppet. If i were you, i'd have a good look at my life and wonder why trying to condescend to people on internet forums seems to be something that interests you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement