Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Head Gasket

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just looking for a wee bit of info here. I've a Fiat Punto 99 model (1.2) and from what I'v ebeen told, a crack has appeared in the Head Gasket. Having spoken to the "professional" mechanic, I was quoted between €800 to €1000 for a replacement which I find a bit farcical.

Does anyone have any information on where to get a cheap head gasket and how much the usual price is for parts & Labour?

Also if you know of any good and cheap mechanics in the Cork area, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Give Colemans in Millstreet a call, Fiat main dealers but better and cheaper than most Fiat main dealers. Got a clutch done on a Fiat Bravo a few years back for less than what some back street garages were quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Give Colemans in Millstreet a call, Fiat main dealers but better and cheaper than most Fiat main dealers. Got a clutch done on a Fiat Bravo a few years back for less than what some back street garages were quoting.

cheers, i'll give them a look. hopefully my car isn't sick enough to go that far.

anyone know of how to get one wholesale? i'm just sick of paying high prices for something that costs around €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Just to point out, that you can get a 99 1.2l Punto around 1k, so one option might be just change the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

itarumaa wrote: »
    Just to point out, that you can get a 99 1.2l Punto around 1k, so one option might be just change the car.

i was thinking of selling it, but this bad boy chugs a little bit on those wet mornings so i don't want whoever i sell the thing to coming back to me. plus if i get the gasket repaired I can sell it for around 1300-1500

Advertisement