Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Alarm Fob

• 20-08-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of an alarm installer who does Laserline alarms (Dublin 4/18 preferable) ? I need to get a couple of new fobs for an already installed alarm

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the official importers of laserline alarms were in the KCR industrial estate a few years back, they may still be there. they were not called laserline or anything.

O'Brien automedia, 014907156, New fob is around 55 euro, they are in KCR ind est.

or

http://www.lawlessautomotive.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

thanks.'preciate this

thanks.'preciate this

no probs, post up wether you were successful or not, it will help future people during their search quests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are you sure the fobs are dead (assuming they're not lost)?
    You have to re-teach the laserline alarm every time you change a fob battery - sometimes happens if you drop the fob as well.

• Advertisement

SteveC wrote: »
    Are you sure the fobs are dead (assuming they're not lost)?
    You have to re-teach the laserline alarm every time you change a fob battery - sometimes happens if you drop the fob as well.

well I have one (missing its little thong thing for connecting to keyring) and I need another one. Replaced the battery recently and didn't have to teach it..

well I have one (missing its little thong thing for connecting to keyring) and I need another one. Replaced the battery recently and didn't have to teach it..
    Maybe mine was an older model then - drove me mad re-teaching it..:rolleyes:

well I'll let you know how I get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody know how much it is for the key fob casing? I need a new one....the fob itself works fine but the previous owner obviously dropped it and broke the case, and the rubber key bit broke on me the other day!

BrynW wrote: »
    Anybody know how much it is for the key fob casing? I need a new one....the fob itself works fine but the previous owner obviously dropped it and broke the case, and the rubber key bit broke on me the other day!

I have me eye one one on Ebay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can buy new fobs or just the casings for them on ebay, the process is simple enough fore reprogramming them too, its in the manual.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi steve saw a post yousubmitted regarding re-teaching your alarm fob fora laserline alarm? just replacedbatteries in my laserline and not working aaaarrrggghhh very frustrating, any help wouldbe great thanks

thebullkf wrote: »
    hi steve saw a post yousubmitted regarding re-teaching your alarm fob fora laserline alarm? just replacedbatteries in my laserline and not working aaaarrrggghhh very frustrating, any help wouldbe great thanks
    Hi, from memory, it involved taking the top cover off, turning the key in the alarm to off, flicking one of the little dip switches, turning the key on and then pressing the fob till it beeped. Then key off, dip switch back where it was and key on. It's a long time since I've had the car and I'm not sure which switch to flick but I'd be 50% confident it's the third one.

Try looking here for more info.. (or email them if you can't find it) :)
    http://www.laserlinedirect.com/public/control.php?_path=/601/639

thx steve, sorry should've clarified that i have no key for alarm itself, changed battery in me fob but not working now :(
    wrecking me head :mad: . tried that link you sent but its no use as fob isn't recognised by car anymore,can open car door with car key just can't start the bloody thing.

I'd say you could be in trouble without the key... sorry I can't give you more advice, maybe it's time to call in an pro to remove the alarm or fit a new one.

thanks buddy,appreciate all you've done... think i will have to bite the bullet and get a pro out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nick_087

hi can any 1 help me i bought a car a few weeks ago and theres a laserline alarm on it but ive after losing the fob :( can you tell me if theres any1 around wexford or gorey that can get me one and re-program it cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kseven

These bloody amateurs have shut down their whole operation for the month of August! Surely it cant be that hard to stagger holidays and keep your business open??? I mean, its not like sending somebody to the moon. Amateurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi kseven,

Please read the Charter and don't bump old threads.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement