Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Game - NFL Films

• 20-08-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm back an awesome vacation in the States with my [very tolerant] wife. Rented a car in Milwaukee, drove to Green Bay - got the tour of Lambeau - around Lake Michigan, down to Canton for the Hall of Fame Game [Redskins looked good] and thereafter back up to her brother's place in Boston to catch the Patriots get their collective asses kicked by the Ravens...Kevin O'Connell was the only Patriots back-up quarter back who looked like he had vision and imagination - Patriots without Brady look like also-rans. So, a lot of driving and a thoroughly awesome way to spend three weeks in th US - recommended.
    Now that I've bored you all, can anyone, anywhere tell me where I can lay my hands on the America's Game DVDs, that aren't Region 1 and that have been coded to work on European DVD players? Can't get any satisfaction from NFLshop.com or amazon...help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

johndylan wrote: »
    I'm back an awesome vacation in the States with my [very tolerant] wife. Rented a car in Milwaukee, drove to Green Bay - got the tour of Lambeau - around Lake Michigan, down to Canton for the Hall of Fame Game [Redskins looked good] and thereafter back up to her brother's place in Boston to catch the Patriots get their collective asses kicked by the Ravens...Kevin O'Connell was the only Patriots back-up quarter back who looked like he had vision and imagination - Patriots without Brady look like also-rans. So, a lot of driving and a thoroughly awesome way to spend three weeks in th US - recommended.
    Now that I've bored you all, can anyone, anywhere tell me where I can lay my hands on the America's Game DVDs, that aren't Region 1 and that have been coded to work on European DVD players? Can't get any satisfaction from NFLshop.com or amazon...help appreciated.

You can buy region 1 discs and play them in any player. You can "adjust" your player to play discs from any region.

Sounds like a great 3 weeks you had. As a Packers' fan I'm well jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

Cheers for that - can't get enough of those NFL Films. Tour guide at Lambeau was a decent chap called Kelly Patrick FitzGerald, who was, according to him: "Irish on both sides"...big Irish influence in Green Bay apparently. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd love to visit Canton someday. I've been to Cooperstown twice and had a great time there. I did visit Giants Stadium while I was in the US last month (for Bruce though not the Giants), which may be my last time there as they're building a new stadium next door.

If you google your DVD make and model number, you should be able to get the code that allows you to play region 1 discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Always loved America's game especially the 49ers episodes. Felt dissapointed that Montana wasn't in any of the first 4 though.

Apparently also read somewhere that they plan to compile episodes on the top losing Superbowl teams calling it America’s Game: The Missing Rings . From a personal perspective the 1990 Bills, 2000 Titans, 84 Dolphins, 03 Panthers and 88 Bengals would interest me the most:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

I just changed my dvd player setting to watch (just search the internet as to how), the box set is amazing, best sports documentary series I have watched. You would think other sports would do something similar, ie soccer, gaa. It would cool if NFL films did one on the Bills, just to get a different perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I just noticed on the Giants official site that you can watch the America's Game for last season. They have 6 parts online and I've watched the first 3. They start with the 2004 season when Coughlin and Manning started and eventually fast forward to the 2007 season. It has interviews with Coughlin, Strahan and Manning and it's narrated by James Gandolfini aka Tony Soprano.

Advertisement