Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering

Options
  • 20-08-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

ok is anyone else here just going into 1st year and trying to register??

if so then please god help me.......

basically all the info in the "how to register online" booklet is confusing the hell outta me.it says in there that you can begin registration within 3 days of accepting.but after i log into everything and get into SIS its saying that my time for registration has not yet arrived.its just puzzling me a bit.

also everything it describes in the booklet, like all the instructions of places to click have not appeared for me.

help????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

You can't start registering your modules until 29th August.
    You can apply for accomodation now and I think you can enter personal details but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

You should be able to fill in personal information within three days of accepting the CAO. It's not three days yet so just sit tight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

bit off topic but im having trouble applying for accomidation, the credit card thing wont work, are there any alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You can send in a cheque if you prefer - just tick the box saying that you're doing it that way and get it in pronto as your application isn't processed until it's received

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

You can now register.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katem

dont worry about it, if you have just got your offer by cao you probably cant even sign in but even when you can first years cant register for modules til the 29th of aug. there is specific people to help you in the computer rooms in ucd during orientation week so they can give you a hand! best thing to do is grab a friend whos going to ucd and try it together!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

33% God wrote: »
    You can now register.

I've just filled out the survey and everything and paid my fees but received no email confirmation.. Here's hoping lol.. It's not the most user-friendly system is it? Plus I think it lets you pay the full accommodation fees without even having received the offer yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

muffinman wrote: »
    I've just filled out the survey and everything and paid my fees but received no email confirmation.. Here's hoping lol.. It's not the most user-friendly system is it? Plus I think it lets you pay the full accommodation fees without even having received the offer yet..
    Try checking your UCD mail for the confirmation - they usually send it to two mail accounts if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Try checking your UCD mail for the confirmation - they usually send it to two mail accounts if I remember correctly.

Yeah nothing in there either but my account does show as having no fees due any more.. Taking a screenshot just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

mine was the same - they seem to have sent it to a bizarre email address with a very long number that i have no idea how to access. i thought it might be the same as the ucd connect thing but i havent any emails in it. Im mystified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liamd99

Raemie wrote: »
    mine was the same - they seem to have sent it to a bizarre email address with a very long number that i have no idea how to access. i thought it might be the same as the ucd connect thing but i havent any emails in it. Im mystified.

Same with myself! Piad last night and as of yet, no email! Just read in the Guide thing that you need to have the email confirmation when collecting your student card also.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

Raemie wrote: »

Hi, I think the e-mail address with the number is your UCD Connect address. They use your CAO number, eg; 08000000@ucdconnect . ie

You should be able to log-in to connect and click my mail.

hope this helps......

Advertisement