Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown Spoilers

• 20-08-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Smackdown sounds kind of interesting this week
    - In a pre-taping dark match, Takeshi Morishima (with Tony Atlas) beat Jamie Noble. Short match, pretty stiff.

- Smackdown opened with Vickie Guerrero announcing another 5-way scramble match as the Smackdown title match at Unforgiven.

- Maria and Natalya went to a no contest after Maryse and Michelle McCool interfered.

- THE Brian Kendrick won a ten-man battle royal to qualify for the Scramble title match. Yep, Kendrick has a title shot and a main event spot on PPV. This was pretty cool at the end. Big Show thought he had won and left the ring, not realising that when he thought Kendrick was tossed out of the ring, he had been caught by Ezekiel and his feet hadn’t hit the floor. Show left the ring, eliminating himself and Kendrick is in a title match.

- Shelton Benjamin beat Finlay after interference from Mike Knox. Shelton qualifies for the scramble match.

- MVP beat Festus by countout. MVP also qualifies for the scramble match.

- Jeff Hardy beat Great Khali in a scramble qualifier. Triple H was doing commentary on this match. He gave Hardy the assist by nailing Khali with a chair.

- Triple H vs. MVP vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. THE Brian Kendrick is the Smackdown main event for Unforgiven. Well, at least we can’t say WWE aren’t putting new guys near the top I suppose!

- The Hardy match was the final match of the night. The show ended with La Familia coming out to apologize to Undertaker. Taker comes out to a huge pop. Vickie gets on her knees to beg but Dead Man tells her he is here for her soul. He takes out Chavo, Neely and co then makes the throat slashing sign in Vickie’s direction to close the show.

- Post-match saw Triple H beat Khali after use of the trusty sledgehammer.

I'm not sure about the two title matches being like that. It suggests that one of them will have a new champion. Maybe HHH just wanted in so he can get a load of title reigns by allowing himself to be pinned :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Triple H vs. MVP vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. THE Brian Kendrick

O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Fozzy wrote: »

I'm not sure about the two title matches being like that. It suggests that one of them will have a new champion. Maybe HHH just wanted in so he can get a load of title reigns by allowing himself to be pinned :p

Trips to beat Flairs record in one night???? Mr Nice Guy will not be pleased.

As a General Manager, does it kinda make Vickie look bad that she is copying ideas from Adamle.

Its the second PPV this year where both brands have put on the same style main event. Reeks of lazy writing to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    As a General Manager, does it kinda make Vickie look bad that she is copying ideas from Adamle.

It wasn't Adamle's idea, it was Shane and Stephanie's. Maybe it was the same on Smackdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is Moroshima joining the WWE full time? Seems kind of strange to put him with Atlas if it was just a dark match. Nice to see Smackdown trying to make new stars in the match as opposed to Raw putting in JBL and Kane. They must have been tempted to put Khali in

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Is Moroshima joining the WWE full time? Seems kind of strange to put him with Atlas if it was just a dark match.

I doubt it. He's NOAH's heavyweight champion at the moment. He worked for Harley Race in the past and it looks like it was just set up to keep him on WWE's radar now that he's not working as much in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fozzy wrote: »

i was kind of joking in the Raw thread when I mentioned HHH might gatecrash the Raw scramble to rack up the title reigns...

seems he's found another way of doing it on his own show

in all seriousness I'll reserve judgment until the PPV but if he's officially on 16 or God forbid more reigns after Unforgiven...well...lets just say I feel a rant coming on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Adamle clearly stated on RAW that whomever holds the title at the end of the 20 minutes will be declared the 'official' champion. This implies that all the other pinfalls in the match will not count as official title reigns.

I'd prefer it if Big Show or Umaga were in this match instead of Kendrick or Benjamin. It makes the Smackdown roster look weak to have wrestlers who haven't been near a main event qualify for a title match.

I'd prefer it if Big Show or Umaga were in this match instead of Kendrick or Benjamin. It makes the Smackdown roster look weak to have wrestlers who haven't been near a main event qualify for a title match.

Umaga's injured at the moment

WWE.com says that "If any of the Superstars scores a pinfall or submission on any of their competitors, they become the current champion." To me, that sounds like they'd be the champion. They could make it clearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Adamle clearly stated on RAW that whomever holds the title at the end of the 20 minutes will be declared the 'official' champion. This implies that all the other pinfalls in the match will not count as official title reigns.

I don’t mind that line up, Umaga and Kennedy are injured, Khali is hopeless, Edge is banished so they really were low on options. Big Show I would have expected to be in but they don’t have a clue what to do with him bar squash nameless jobbers. I expect Punk will be pinned a few times in his match, I expect the unstoppable burying machine Superhunter will destroy everyone bar Jeff and will not be pinned even once. :(

From f4wonline.com:
    They have changed the rules again today of the two Scramble match title bouts. They've added a Royal Rumble/War Games like stipulation. The champion and one challenger will start. The other challengers enter every five minutes. When a fall is won, the winner of the fall is called the temporary champion, but will not be recognized as a new champion in title histories. The last pinfall winner when the 20:00 expires leaves as champion.

I wonder why they have guys entering every five minutes. I'd say Punk will be the first in anyway

EDIT: Well, Punk will be first in as he's the champ. It pays to read

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wonder will it stay only 20mins long then as that would mean 1 competitor would only be involved for 5mins

example: Punk & JBL start
    5mins- Kane enters
    10mins- Batista enters
    15mins- Cena get five mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

wonder will it stay only 20mins long then as that would mean 1 competitor would only be involved for 5mins

example: Punk & JBL start
    5mins- Kane enters
    10mins- Batista enters
    15mins- Cena get five mins

Hopefully the match starts just as the final(in your example, Cena) wrestler enters. It would make more sense really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

What?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ive confidence in it now. From JR's blog:
    -Ross on the WWE Scramble matches: "WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson told me that he loved the idea of the Championship Scramble coming up at Unforgiven in about three weeks. Patterson created the Royal Rumble concept and apparently Pat has visualized the "Championship Scramble" and he feels certain that it will be exciting.

"Before critics damn the match perhaps we should allow it to actually happen. I am reserving my opinion until I see the match. The success of this unique attraction is all in the execution, as usual. Plus it is a chance for multiple wrestlers to shine. Someone we unexpect may have a jaw dropping performance."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I ahven't seen many people have a go at the match style itself (more how pinfalls will be 'scored' regarding championship reigns).

I think the main problem is both brands having the exact same match.

Tauren wrote: »
    I think the main problem is both brands having the exact same match.

I'm sure that they'll play out differently though. I could see HHH losing a fall unexpectedly and then winning it back, and then someone else pinning another guy, and then HHH winning it back, and so on. The Raw match will probably play out more like Punk losing near the start, some other guys getting some pins, and then at the end Punk barely getting a pin in time to keep it. Or maybe just running out of time

I just don't think that it will come across as repetitive. I'm sure they thought of that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Triple H vs. MVP vs. Jeff Hardy vs. SheltonBenjaminvs. Brian Kendrick

Well its an interesting group but what about putting Mr. Kennedy and Big Show in the mix??

JP Liz wrote: »
    Well its an interesting group but what about putting Mr. Kennedy and Big Show in the mix??

Kennedy is injured, dislocated shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

If they were to do a top 10 unluckiest WWE superstars in history Kennedy could fill all 10 spots

EdK wrote: »
    If they were to do a top 10 unluckiest WWE superstars in history Kennedy could fill all 10 spots

He'd probably make the dumbest too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

they did this consept match with the hardcore title a few years back it was an nonsence then but that was the stupidest title in the world

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

a-hole wrote: »
    they did this consept match with the hardcore title a few years back it was an nonsence then but that was the stupidest title in the world

i think that was wrestlemania 16

a-hole wrote: »

They've changed the rules so much even that statement is no longer strictly true.

Advertisement