Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papers that arnt ikc reg

• 20-08-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Got talking to a man in the vets friday, he had a little lab pup, he was a bit baffled as when he bought the pup, i think he said the pup was about 13 weeks old he was told the papers would be sent on to him, they were sent of and he was waiting for them back. He recieved the papers someday last week and while they are papers and says the pup is reg they are not IKC papers. When he rang i think he said they were based in Carlow,(might be wrong on that) they told him that they are a new company giving people the choice of were they get their dog reg. He told me the name of the company i cant remember, hew also said that when he picked the pup the man chipped it himself, when asked what about vet signiture he said it was fine his vet would do it for him.
    Has anyone else heard of this company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Yes they are Canine Ireland http://www.canineireland.com/

They are an alternative to the IKC as the IKC do not recognise some breeds such as White German Shephers, Northern Inuits, etc this allows those owners to register their dogs that are refused by the IKC also some people register with them instead of the IKC

The same rules apply puppies must be microchipped to be registered

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marions91

I got a dog yesterday and she's registered with Canine Ireland as well. There is no building where this club is supposed to be on Google Maps.
    Also, I didn't receive a microchip I.D. disc which I got from the vet when I registered my other dog.
    I think this is a scam !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry to tell you, but these papers arent worth the paper they are written on im afraid.
    They are not affiliated to the Irish Kennel Club in any way so if you wanted to register them with the IKC you cant, and if you wanted to show the dog too, you cant.
    I wont go into too much detail but Canine ireland papers really arent worth anything.
    Unless the Advertisement or breeder specified the papers would be IKC papers then you havent a leg to stand on if you want to try and get IKC papers off the breeder.

Its a case of buyer beware im afraid and its up to you the buyer to do your research before buying a dog off someone and to find out exactly what you will be getting when you purchase the pup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Just to add to Andrea's post, I would advise getting your vet to sort out the microchip as Canine Ireland's chips do not have the details registered on any of the systems used by vet's, pounds or rescues. It's likely the dog will have to be micro-chipped again. Canine Ireland registeration is used by puppy farmers to add appeal to poorly bred and 'non-breed' dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I just realised this thread is from 2008... Sorry Mods, didnt spot that:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

andreac wrote: »
    I just realised this thread is from 2008... Sorry Mods, didnt spot that:o

Still relevant to the new poster today ;)

Advertisement