Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You lead, I'll follow

Options
  • 20-08-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

A question I've always wanted to know, but could never find the right words to lob into google to find out.

Take Obama, for example. He's the party's presidential nominee. Does that mean he's the leader of the party? If he doesn't get presidentified, does he become 'anything' in the GOP?

Over here, I've always found it unfair that when the government party's leader retires or whatever, we have to accept the new leader as our Taoiseach, and think the US system is fairer in this regard, but I always just assumed that the presidential nominee was by default the party leader.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

corblimey wrote: »
    Obama...If he doesn't get presidentified, does he become 'anything' in the GOP?

I think you're confused there!
    Over here, I've always found it unfair that when the government party's leader retires or whatever, we have to accept the new leader as our Taoiseach, and think the US system is fairer in this regard, but I always just assumed that the presidential nominee was by default the party leader.

Wouldn't Obama become the Minority or Majority Leader depending on how many seats the Democrats get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Otacon wrote: »
    Very much so. I meant the opposition party. I think GOP comes from the West Wing where the Dems are in power. Also, I'm quite quite drunk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

At half two in the afternoon? Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

If he doesn't get presidentified, does he become 'anything' in the GOP?

Funniest post i've read in a while!

Wouldn't Obama become the Minority or Majority Leader depending on how many seats the Democrats get?

Em noo. He's a Senator, not a Congressman. So if doesn't get 'presidentified' he will remain the Senator from Illinois.

Very much so. I meant the opposition party. I think GOP comes from the West Wing where the Dems are in power. Also, I'm quite quite drunk :o

Wha? :P

At half two in the afternoon? Bravo!

Yes, Bravo! *applauds*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

WEST WING!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

gop=republican party.Did you have a hangover after that session?

Advertisement