Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeek when going from 4th to 5th?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi
    I am just about to sell my 02 corolla and want to be prepared for any questions.
    There is a slight squeeking noise (Not a screech) when I cange gears from 4th to 5th.
    Is this a sign of anything?

Thanks
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Hi
    I am just about to sell my 02 corolla and want to be prepared for any questions.
    There is a slight squeeking noise (Not a screech) when I cange gears from 4th to 5th.
    Is this a sign of anything?

Thanks
    Jack

is does it happend as your changing the gear or leaving the clutch up

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭jack_pearse

Just when changing the gear, no noise from the clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

well wher is it comming from the gear stick area or the engine bay ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Probably just the spring on the clutch pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

It's most likely the cable linkage mechanism on top of the gearbox. This links the gearbox to the gear handle via two cables.

Lubricate it without making a mess and your problem should be solved..

• Advertisement
Advertisement