Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BS from firms

• 20-08-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey

Has anyone found that once a firm has you in the door, all the promises made in interviews and in their presentations fail to materialise??

Its happened to me and im gettin messed around big time

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Startin at a big4 in a month and expect that to be the case. The interviews and presentations etc are ads, ya gotta remember that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Bottom line is that you are starting at the lowest point. They are paying for everything, so as long as they aren't breaking any labour laws, you gotta deal. I'm starting at a Big4 in a few weeks, and I'm expecting the worst. However, I've heard from everyone that it's worth it. Remember, they were there once too.

Hope things aren't too bad. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

I knew a few guys who worked in both practice and big4 so I was under no illusion that it wasnt gonna be hard work.

Im lucky that my boss was blatanly honest with me in the interview... (and stil is by the way!) so I knew exactly what to expect, and I havent been disappointed yet.

Its a 3.5yr slog but it will be worth it in the end. so lon peanuts .... hello money bags!

You havent really spelled out exactly what your grievances are though. You need to be more specific. if your not be trained properly then you need to speak up..... etc

Advertisement