Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water problem with Whirlpool washing machine

• 20-08-2008 3:31pm

My mum is having trouble with her Whirlpool machine. After a wash and emptying the load it is then turned off. However later water seems to be coming back into the machine for no reason. Can anybody tell me why it is filling up again with water? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Does it keep filling up as for example with door open?

If so, it is usually inlet-solenoid valve sticking open and replacement of valve is advised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I agree with the last posters diagnosis but to add to it.... The machine will keep filling and will overflow onto your floor if you leave it long enough. The length this will take depends on the rate of leakage through the water intake valve.

My advice is to close off the manual valve behind the washing machine once your wash finishes and leave it off until you need to use the machine again, until such time as you get it repaired as the last poster says.

Advertisement