Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking after 6pm City Centre

Options
  • 20-08-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the above? I was thinking cineworld perhaps, but unsure if it's reserved for movie ticket holders.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Nah, cineworld is for anyone but its expensive

whereabouts in the centre, north or side

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

irishbird wrote: »
    Nah, cineworld is for anyone but its expensive

whereabouts in the centre, north or side

Only be in town for about an hour or two anyway, so money isn't a big deal. Anywhere really. How much are we talking actually? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Any on street parking after 6/6.30 when it is free will do.

Use your cop on and park in an area which is busy for security reasons. Along the quays, Capel Street etc..,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

€2.70 per hour in the Cineworld car park. There are side streets around there to park for free. Some after 7pm. It's really just a case of keeping your eyes peeled. Busier on Thursdays and weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There is also a 24 hour car park in the Royal College of Surgeons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

On street parking ftw. Car parks are extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Any on street parking after 6/6.30 when it is free will do.
    Be careful, some areas have paid parking until about midnight. I think all the after midnight paid parking is gone.

Definitely go for somewhere where there is pedestrian traffic and isn't too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I have no problems finding a space on Drury Street or South William Street after 7 during the week. Actually, I usually have no problems at the weekend either. I'm with WindSock, car park prices are ridiculous, so I usually circle around that area until I get a space on the street :D

You might get lucky on Chatham Street or Dame Court/Exchequer Street too.

If you can't find any on street parking, you've loads of car parks around. Stephen's Green, Drury Street, Brown Thomas.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Okay, Cineworld is 24 hours parking

Brown Thomas has 24 hour parking

Drury Street has parking until 12am

Stephens Green Shopping Centre has parking unilt midnight

Lilac Centre car park closes at 7pm

Not sure about the times for Arnotts or Sentanta but there is a website you can check the times of the carparking in the city but for the life of me i cant remember.

i will try and think and come back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Royal College of Surgeons car park is great. It's open 24 hours, and has a pre-pay rate after 5pm (€5 in total for the night, 5pm - 11am).

It's normally 2.90 an hour (as far as I remember) so even if you're only staying for two, it's better value to prepay. It's bloody great value if you're staying for a long time, and I think it's a little safer than leaving your car on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just bear in mind that a car park with an overnight rate doesn't necessarily mean that the car park is open during the night. It may close at 1am, for example, and open again at 6am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

are people here on drugs? Most on street parking is free after 7. And very few are until midnight, mainly residential. Hardly city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

FX Meister wrote: »
    are people here on drugs? Most on street parking is free after 7
    That has been brought to the OP's attention but 'money isn't a big deal'! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say the car being there when you come back might be a plus.

Advertisement