Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I play Street Fighter III on XBox360?

• 20-08-2008 3:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A few years back, Street Fighter III Third Strike was released on XBOX in the USA as part of the Stret Fighter Anniversary collection. Is the game available in Europe and can it be played on the 360 (i.e. an update is available).

I'd love to get a copy of the game, but before I post on adverts, I want to make sure I can actually play it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A few years back, Street Fighter III Third Strike was released on XBOX in the USA as part of the Stret Fighter Anniversary collection. Is the game available in Europe and can it be played on the 360 (i.e. an update is available).

I'd love to get a copy of the game, but before I post on adverts, I want to make sure I can actually play it!
    List of xbox compatible games can be found here
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Though Street Fighter III doesn't appear to be on it =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Kazuma wrote: »
    List of xbox compatible games can be found here
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Though Street Fighter III doesn't appear to be on it =(
    Sorry, have to correct myself.
    The Anniversary Edition is compatible, and contains third strike (and a few others).
    Good luck finding it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It was only added to the BC list recently enough, as I recall. They probably didn't want to lower sales of SFII on XBLA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i have the game, pm me with an offer!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks for all the responses...however would the game not be region locked or something? :confused:

Corcaigh, PM sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The game was released in Europe. Only the Xbox version has SFIII.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

SF Anniversary collection works a charm on Live and you'll find it no problem to get a game.

I re-bought mine off ebay for about 15E I think when it became backwards compatible.
    Only thing is the crowd that tend to still be playing are pretty hardcore so you'll find yourself taking a beating a lot of the time.

A-Trak wrote: »
    SF Anniversary collection works a charm on Live and you'll find it no problem to get a game.

I re-bought mine off ebay for about 15E I think when it became backwards compatible.
    Only thing is the crowd that tend to still be playing are pretty hardcore so you'll find yourself taking a beating a lot of the time.

Hey! I rule at Streetfighter...how dare you underestimate my ability. This one time I was walking forward with Ryu and I went to do a fireball and I did it so well he did a punch in the air. Now who's hardcore beeyotch! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Playable" is a bit of a stretch, thanks to a controller that's more suited to shooters... You'd be extremely lucky to even pull off a dragon punch :(
    Works fine for me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

tman wrote: »
    "Playable" is a bit of a stretch, thanks to a controller that's more suited to shooters... You'd be extremely lucky to even pull off a dragon punch :(
    Works fine for me though

The 360 controllers aren't that bad, but they do require a bit of configuration to get the right button set-up. I got the anniversary edition a few weeks ago and it plays really well on 360 (except for some minor lag when jumping in some of the levels). I also bought a sour calibur fighting stick for 360 and it is perfect for SFIII!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Went and bought Street Fighter III myself after reading this and just received it yesterday evening in the post - love it

I bought it aswell and am waiting on it now! Hoping to have it tomorrow.

I was serioulsy considering buying a Dreamcast a few years back just to play this :) Will keep me going until SF4 :)

I have been spending a few nights on Xbox Live playing SFII HF. I have always considered myself good at SFII but some of the players on there are rediculous.

Is anyone up for setting a time to meet up and play on Live? Would be cool to get a few games in with fellow boardsies!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have always considered myself good at SFII but some of the players on there are rediculous.

Wait till you meet Third Strike pro's!!!

yeah watched a few on youtube...silly :D

What are the online options like on SFIII? Can you choose to challenge friends or do you just randomly play people?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

animaX wrote: »
    The 360 controllers aren't that bad, but they do require a bit of configuration to get the right button set-up. I got the anniversary edition a few weeks ago and it plays really well on 360 (except for some minor lag when jumping in some of the levels). I also bought a sour calibur fighting stick for 360 and it is perfect for SFIII!

Yep they aren't that bad. They are far worse. Utterly useless for Street Fighter.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep they aren't that bad. They are far worse. Utterly useless for Street Fighter.

That's why I bought the Hori stick!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Must do the same SF4 is getting close :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where did you buy from?

I'd be up for some online SF III with ye, I'll have to get my xbox online in the next few nights

Slightly off topic, but how do you watch the SFII anime that's included on the disc?
    Don't see any options to play it when I put the disc into my 360 - it only lets me select the 2 games, and the disc isn't recognised properly when I stick it in my pc...
    Google isn't much help

• Advertisement

Ah there's no point in watching it anyway they cut Chun Li's shower scene :P

I remember having trouble finding it as well. I remember having trouble finding it as well, is it not in the SF2 options screen?

Ah yeah, found the bastard!
    You have to go into SFII, then gallery, then play movie:confused:

Think I'll just download it instead for boobies convenience

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    where did you buy from?

Bought the game on ebay.ie and bought the stick on adverts.ie

Oh my thumbs.

Got it today, absolutely awesome, despite the controller (which ain't as bad as I thought).

jamesd, send me your live password, mine is garak001. All other SF players, add me!

Havent signed up onlive yet - Im away for the weekend but I will get on live sunday night or early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

That's why I bought the Hori stick!!

Me too. :D

It seems that my d-pad is going to s***e after a few games. Hmm, must check for a arcade stick on adverts!

Anyone up for a few games of this on live. There are some cheesy players on here that like nothing more than to keep stomping on you with Alex before taunting. :mad:

Advertisement