Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re psycholgoy modules

Options
  • 20-08-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi, i just got accepted in psychology in ucd last week which came as a complete surprise to me. now i have to choose modules and stuff like this. unfortunately I'm going away on a leaving cert holiday this Saturday and will end up missing the entire orientation week.
    Help
    I've really started panicking now and dont know what to do. i'm going to miss all the talks on what modules to pick and this could end up effecting my over all degree.
    Any help on anything in any way related to my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

You only have four psychology lectures in year one and you don't have a choice. Relax and enjoy the holidays ;)

There are another two that you can choose as electives. PSY10090 - Intro to Applied Psychology and PSY10050 - Introduction to Psychology

Other than that you choose Arts modules to fill up the extra credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

1dondon wrote: »
    hi, i just got accepted in psychology in ucd last week which came as a complete surprise to me. now i have to choose modules and stuff like this. unfortunately I'm going away on a leaving cert holiday this Saturday and will end up missing the entire orientation week.
    Help
    I've really started panicking now and dont know what to do. i'm going to miss all the talks on what modules to pick and this could end up effecting my over all degree.
    Any help on anything in any way related to my problem would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm gonna be doing Psychology too.
    I'm going to take either History, politics or sociology as my second subject.
    I'm going to take a philosophy elective I think and I'm not sure about the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 1dondon

Thanks very much, that clears it up a lot. i tried e-mailing ucd but they were not very helpful at all but at least that has me relaxing a lot more.

Do you know if there is anything else i will miss out on at the orientation week?
    thanks

Thanks very much, that clears it up a lot. i tried e-mailing ucd but they were not very helpful at all but at least that has me relaxing a lot more.

Do you know if there is anything else i will miss out on at the orientation week?
    thanks
    You'll miss out on an amazing speech by our fearless leader - Hugh Brady. Just pick up your student card at the student centre at some point - you'll need it for the library :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

thanks
    A barbecue and a 4gb flash drive.

• Advertisement

A barbecue and a 4gb flash drive
    god i was panicking that i would be lost completely with out this week.

Seen as you 2 both seam to do psychology, you couldn't tell me what its like in terms of work required, lecturers and if its enjoyable.

Thanks very much, this has all been very helpfull

Negative - I don't read psychology, I'm just handy with the UCD site :). I've heard first year is quite easy in SSM psych - I'd also guess it's quite enjoyable seeing as it is one of the most picked elective programmes.

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Negative - I don't read psychology, I'm just handy with the UCD site :). I've heard first year is quite easy in SSM psych - I'd also guess it's quite enjoyable seeing as it is one of the most picked elective programmes.

A ok, well thats for all the info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They're 4GB now?

Someone wanna get me one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A barbecue and a 4gb flash drive
    god i was panicking that i would be lost completely with out this week.

Seen as you 2 both seam to do psychology, you couldn't tell me what its like in terms of work required, lecturers and if its enjoyable.

Thanks very much, this has all been very helpfull

The Child Development one is very good, quite handy. If you do a small bit of work you should come out with a good score. Me with no work...C+.

Then in 2nd semester, I did Perception and Cognition...the first half of the module is so easy, but should show up so ya know the answers to the fill in the blanks part of the exam:D The perception bit is a bit more tricky though, so more emphasis may be needed for that. Got a C in that with attending very few lectures though, but ya need to do short notes in the exam, so some extra reading goes a loooooong way.

And as for a 4GB flash drive...I cant wait to attend orientation week:D(I'm bored and meeting people up there anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    You'll miss out on an amazing speech by our fearless leader - Hugh Brady. Just pick up your student card at the student centre at some point - you'll need it for the library :pac:

We've a library?? :D

Nah, 1st year psych modules aren't bad at all - you'll have a blast. :)

Advertisement