Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slate costs?

• 20-08-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I bought new Fibre cement slate 1 euro each?
    Ridge caps 10 euro each?

Roofer will lay a fibre cement slate for 70 cent?

Does that sound like the going rate or a good deal.
    Whats the going rate for laying standard man-made slate?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dreadnought

Sounds pretty good for the slates - really depends on the manufacturer/quality of the slate. are you using fibre cement or clay ridges? €10 may be a little expensive for fibre cement especially looking at the €1 per slate.
    I paid €1.08 per slate for Berona fibre cement slates approx 10 months ago and then €8.50 per clay ridge after that if memory serves correctly. My roofer charged approx €5000 to fit approx 5000 slates but this was a fairly tricky roof as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Sounds like you're getting a good deal, if the price includes cutting in valley's, roof lights, roof windows, or dormers you're doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

No valleys or lead but do have 4 no. velux.
    Most fibre cement ridges quoted were €12 inc vat.

I assume 70cent a slate is good value?

Advertisement