Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Don't worry about what you can't influence'

• 20-08-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I find that it's easy to say this, but in practice I always think about stuff I can't influence..

What about you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Well there is another reason to worry about what you can't influence. The fact that it can influence you and planning ahead might just negate any negative impact. Alternatively you might be able to see an opportunity and exploit the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Worry is an emotion and can't necessarily be nullified by rational argument/justification.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

I have always found that it is important to worry about things, the trick is to know that worrying about something will have no impact on it.

If you worry about things that you cannont influence it shows that you are aware of what is going on and you are less surprised by elements in your life that you cannot control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Miacc

COMPLETELY! Those are often the things that warrant worry!:pac:, unless they're positive forces, and you're happy to have them influence you!

+

in some cases i think things that initially seem completely beyond our control can be influenced indirectly by managing how it impacts us, though how we appraoch it in our minds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement