Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a new phone

• 20-08-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

My Motorola V3XX is starting to play up, and so I think it is time I started to look at replacing it. There are a couple of apps that the Motorola has, and some it hasn’t that I consider important. I have put these down below, and would really like some feedback from anyone who has a phone that does these things.

I am mostly considering an N95 8GB, but also the Samsung Tocca is on the radar. I am sure there are some other options, and I am not fussy as long as they support the below.

Must-have
    - Full Internet browsing
    - Ability to act as BT modem
    - Ability to listen to internet radio streams (BBC) over 3G

Nice to have

- WiFi
    - FM radio
    - Podcasting
    - Camera

I am obviously also interested in keeping the cost low, and would definitely consider sim-free / e-bay / buying as UK PAYG if it saved me some cash.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks SolitaryMan666.

I am currently with O2, Post pay but not on a contract. Not fussy which network I go to, I have been on all 4, preference is Meteor, 02, Vodafone, 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement