Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Wetsuit

Options
  • 20-08-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a 5mm circle one wetsuit, but its kind of restrictive and quite warm for the summer months, and a pain to get in and out of.

I'm thinking of getting a summer wetsuit (3/2) anyone got any recommendations, or cheap places to buy? Dont want to spend a fortune, but want something decent. Also how far into the winter would you get away with a summer suit, with gloves, booties and hood?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

King of watersports.co.uk or ebay.co.uk
    dont go down the aldi port west route, there pants !. you wont get an awfu llot of use out it it this year as the summers nearly over and it not been that warm anyway this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Id certainly keep the winter suit if you plan on surfing into October or any later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

26royston wrote: »
    I have a 5mm circle one wetsuit, but its kind of restrictive and quite warm for the summer months, and a pain to get in and out of.

I'm thinking of getting a summer wetsuit (3/2) anyone got any recommendations, or cheap places to buy? Dont want to spend a fortune, but want something decent. Also how far into the winter would you get away with a summer suit, with gloves, booties and hood?

Thanks

Where are you based? Tubes in cork, reef in Waterford, reef in Tbay.
    I had a 5mm Alder, got rid of it as it was just a a pain in the arse, I use an O'neill I got from Tubes, and use a thickish rash, hood and boots in winter time, that pretty much sorts me out for the winter, after the first 5 mins your numb anyway!! Oh and gloves of course.

Advertisement