Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Panamera looks to be production ready

Options
  • 20-08-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

porsche-panamera-6.jpg

This Porsche Panamera spotted has very little camouflage and you can see much clearer the shape of the front and also the rear. Without the camouflage on its bonnet the front lights are better to see and you can get a good feeling on how this car will look once officially introduced.

Click here to see more pictures

I personally like it more than the four door Aston Martin Rapide:

aston-martin-rapide-small.jpg

More Aston _Martin Rapide pics here

Which one do you like more?

Surely ten years ago it was hard to imagine that Porsche will be making SUVs and four door sedans, but now even Aston is working on thr four door model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Moses7 wrote: »
    but now even Aston is working on thr four door model.

This won't be the first 4 door Aston - but I welcome anything that keeps these car makers in business.

Better a 4 door saves Aston than Toyota thrives with another mediocre blandmobile imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Surely ten years ago it was hard to imagine that Porsche will be making SUVs and four door sedans, but now even Aston is working on thr four door model.

I remember Porsche working on a 4 door at least ten years ago, with renderings in the mags. Yes, Google says it was the 989.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

IMO it looks horrible. Its looks too bulky and heavy after the rear wheel arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Wow that looks TERRIBLE.

These 2 pictures really seal the deal for me. You can't have a car that long, with the trademark arched Porsche rear - it just doesn't work, aesthetically.

porsche-panamera-4.jpg
    porsche-panamera-5.jpg

Rapide looks like Aston Martin have hit the nail on the head, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It looks like a squashed Cayenne! Or a 911 with a bit added in in the middle. Fugly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Vertakill wrote: »
    Wow that looks TERRIBLE.

These 2 pictures really seal the deal for me. You can't have a car that long, with the trademark arched Porsche rear - it just doesn't work, aesthetically.

porsche-panamera-4.jpg
    porsche-panamera-5.jpg

Horrible - that rear end is as bad as that crap Ford Granada from years ago. The Aston Martin has the whole 'stretch' thing right, with a proper, attractive rear end. It looks really well actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Dont like the rear at all.

Infact I much rather the 989, the old 4 seater that was never produced.

porsche989.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The quarter panels and the boot are hideous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Rapide wins the beauty contest by far, but I don't think the front is as tight and sexy as the DB9 or DBS, it seems a little too rounded.

But in saying that, the rear 3/4

aston-martin-rapide-51.jpg

and the profile

aston-martin-rapide-21.jpg

do the job just fine, it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think they're both very clunky looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

Dont like the rear at all.

Infact I much rather the 989, the old 4 seater that was never produced.

I think I would agree with you on that one, but it is still a suite ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Aston is the more beautiful by miles -No contest!In fact Porsche is ugly around shoulder (rear of roof).Normally Id prefer Porsche to Aston so being v objective here ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Jesus christ! :D
    I love the aston perfect the aston v12 with 4 mates now that'd be fun cruising(not in a boy racer type of way)
    The ehhhh giant 911 aint floating my boat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Aston Martin is by far the prettier.

Both should keep the WAGS happy for a couple of years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Much prefer the looks of the Aston....the back of that Porsche is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

You think the Panemera is ugly?

You should see the Aston Rapide's old Grandma, the 70s Lagonda :eek:

I always liked Porsche - usable supercars, handy size, durable. But now with this monstrosity and that fugly 4x4 yoke:(...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

pburns wrote: »
    But now with this monstrosity and that fugly 4x4 yoke

AFAIK, the reason they can do the Pamelaanderson now although they couldn't do the 989 4-door in the 90s is that they can do engine and parts sharing between the new 4 door and the pig-ugly tractor thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Wow that looks TERRIBLE.

porsche-panamera-4.jpg
    porsche-panamera-5.jpg

Looks like it was built by Lancia rather than Porsche !

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

I was at the 'Ring on Wednesday and a thinly-disguised Panamera was lapping away all day, I saw it twice at full chat on the main straight and a couple of times from my hotel room window in Breitscheid.

Remember how people said the Cayenne would never sell? Within weeks there were loads running around these parts, although come to think of it I haven't seen any in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Aston does nothing for me either...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

RobAMerc wrote: »
    This won't be the first 4 door Aston - but I welcome anything that keeps these car makers in business.

Better a 4 door saves Aston than Toyota thrives with another mediocre blandmobile imo
    a toyota blandmobile wouldn't be as fugly as that porsche tho

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

Wow that looks TERRIBLE.

porsche-panamera-4.jpg
    porsche-panamera-5.jpg

looks like a corolla,
    not what id expect from porsche at all

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The Panamera was spotted doing suspension testing etc in Oranmore, Co Galway.......last year ??

And to top it all..........it's coming in Diesel as well.

Now that will upset a lot of people, including Dr Wunderkin....... :p:p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement