Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding Core 20gb Hard drive to Arcade Xbox360

• 20-08-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Hey. My Xbox Core recently gave me the 3 rings. It's out of warrenty (I replaced the CD drive myself) so I need to get me a new one. I was thinking of buying a Arcade 360 because of it's attractive price (200E) so I was wondering if I could just plug in my old 20gb har drive into the new xbox.

Or is this an awful idea?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 oshead2

why don't you get your xbox fixed, i go the "rings of doom as well". getting it repaired by http://consolerepairsireland.ie/index.php

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Im sure you could. That would be fine.
    I had the red rings of death too when mine was out of warranty and I fixed it myself. If you look on youtube theres some very good videos on how to do it. Its very easy also. All it requires is some Thermal compound and just involves taking it apart and scraping off the residue on the heatsink.
    Its definately worth a shot before buying a new 1 and only takes a few minutes. Mines been going for 6 months now after this fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

TimAy wrote: »
    Hey. My Xbox Core recently gave me the 3 rings. It's out of warrenty (I replaced the CD drive myself) so I need to get me a new one. I was thinking of buying a Arcade 360 because of it's attractive price (200E) so I was wondering if I could just plug in my old 20gb har drive into the new xbox.

Or is this an awful idea?!

Did that exactly myself this weekend. Xbox croaked so bought an arcade and whacked my HD on, no problems whatsoever.
    Even played all my arcade games stored on the HD no problem no DRM issues at all.

Advertisement