Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sat nav,which one?

• 20-08-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

also where is the best deal,i need it for r.o.i and uk.
    can anyone help?i`m completly new to them but as i get lost trying to get out of cork i probally need one,
    sheila

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Any of the Garmin units, depends what you want it to do?

Bluetooth handsfree for the mobile, remember where your car is parked when removed etc, MP3 player, yadda yadda. Have the Garmin Nuvi 610T myself and it has never put me wrong, and I go down some small lanes for work and they've all been on them.

Go to Dixons or Currys or PC World or similiar and play with the display models, sure you can only break them! LOL

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Garmin Nuvi 250 on Elara.ie seems to be the best option. Has full european maps, and is only about €150 ish, if you pick it up from Citywest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This is a bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved to Requests.

Ah yes, ever so helpful there Munk :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

just got this
    http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-360-i877.html

worked out at €170 delivered.
    It has latest maps for Ireland , UK and most of Europe and also speaks street names and has bluetooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

brophs wrote: »
    Garmin Nuvi 250 on Elara.ie seems to be the best option. Has full european maps, and is only about €150 ish, if you pick it up from Citywest.

hi, do they only open weekdays or also weekend. Been thinking buying a satnav for a while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

bit off topic but, how to people find the bluetooth function in the garmin units, when its mounted to the windscreen it wud be prone to vibrations and of course engine noise coming into the car?

is the call quality bad/average/good?

any experience i have with bluetooth devices for fone calls makes the person im talking to tell me it sounds like im speaking from down a well or causes severe echo?

advice?

iggy wrote: »
    just got this
    http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-360-i877.html

worked out at €170 delivered.
    It has latest maps for Ireland , UK and most of Europe and also speaks street names and has bluetooth.

found this on ebay. Basically wondering are the extras offered worth the extra cash over the one offered by satnaveasy?

Satnaveasy price (inc postage) = ST£126.33
    Ebay price (inc postage) = ST£142.99

BArra wrote: »
    bit off topic but, how to people find the bluetooth function in the garmin units, when its mounted to the windscreen it wud be prone to vibrations and of course engine noise coming into the car?

is the call quality bad/average/good?

any experience i have with bluetooth devices for fone calls makes the person im talking to tell me it sounds like im speaking from down a well or causes severe echo?

advice?

ON my 610T it is fine, you need to speak up but then I'd imagine its the same with all other satnav's. This is while the engine is running / driving when stopped you just speak normally.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can get the Garmin Nuvi 200 for €120 in Halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

found this on ebay. Basically wondering are the extras offered worth the extra cash over the one offered by satnaveasy?

Satnaveasy price (inc postage) = ST£126.33
    Ebay price (inc postage) = ST£142.99

you get the same extras with Satnaveasy, also the one on ebay doesnt say if it has the latest maps or not.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was considering a decent satnav myself, but would I be better waiting for newer 2009 maps, which I presume are released near the end of this year?

iggy wrote: »
    you get the same extras with Satnaveasy, also the one on ebay doesnt say if it has the latest maps or not.

Jaysus, you're right, I didn't read both adds properly!!

The ebay one does have V10 maps, I mailed to ask the seller.

Looks like satvaveasy is the way to go. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

mcgovern wrote: »
    You can get the Garmin Nuvi 200 for €120 in Halfords.
    is this a decent model? talking etc?
    wheres the nearest halfords to tallaght ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

my .2c is to try get one with a bigger display, the garmins normally signify this with a w. So look for the 200w, or the 255w, rather than the 200 or the 255

ended up buying the 660T from satnaveasy......

Advertisement